Noob alert! Table keeps freezing in the same spot (solved)

Haha! Well, I resisted the Macs for a LONG time because I always thought they were overpriced. But the last few years I’ve gotten into some music and video production and I finally had to bite the bullet. I will say I definitely miss the Windows setup every day. Theres just a lot of little things that Windows still does better in my opinion.

Also, almost all of the software I use for music and video had to be re-vamped for the Apple M1 chips so I’m no stranger to those issues. When I bought it though I didnt realize what a pain all that would be to deal with software-wise. Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

Macbooks work fine for this. I have been using it since the beginning of my plasma journey.

I’m doing the same thing with the USB C adapter. Your cable management looks fine to me except I wonder if you should bring that torch on/off cable around the back of the machine so you don’t cross the torch lead and work clamp cables.

How about the continuity test between the USB shell and the table? This is not a Mac problem per se.

Thanks for helping me handle this issue everyone. I’ve got it set up with windows now and I’m moved the cables so that they’re as far away as possible from my PC. It was definitely the electromagnetic interference from the plasma that was causing the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting what the fix was!