No way to connect support real time [Solved]

Definitely mechanical. You don’t need a new motor.

2 Likes

Unless I am missing it, and that happens, I am not seeing you discuss lubricating the lead screws. That is where I usual find the hang up. It is good that you have the rails smooth and the bearings oiled but especially do not neglect the z screw as well.

Sorry it this was already covered but I just re-read and did not see it discussed. When you have binding on those screws, you will have a terrible noise.

Tom, you called it, it’s the water table. it’s hitting the bottom of the bearing holder. no idea how that could have happened.

i had been totally concentrating on the rail and bearings. i thought you were way off base at first but i reluctantly spent a ton of time studying it and found it.

in the last year it has never done this but it looks like it was slowly starting to run slightly and now it went all the way. time to redo everything like new i guess.

2 Likes

what would any of you suggest for spare parts.

I’ve had a Batch 2 Crossfire 2x2 since 2018 and no parts have required replacing. I have added the XL kit and THC over that time though. Keep it clean regularly. You can’t predict parts failure. Maybe just have a spreadsheet of common parts and where you can source them super fast. The control box is really the few items which require coming from Langmuir.

1 Like

Did you rearrange anything or move your table for this to have happened?

i did not.

been thinking about it. my guess is the pan warped and rose up slightly. i’ve been cutting a lot of 1/4” at 65 amps. maybe pushing it. Everything has now been reclearanced

on the plus side i now have the most lubricated unit on the planet.

thanks all for the assistance here. should be documented if it happens to anyone else.

Glad you figured it out! One question is your water pan full? I cut 1/4 all the time at 65 amps each sheet I cut usually has between 3 and 4 hours of cutting on each. I don’t think it should warp like that.

It’s pretty full, Nothing a die grinder couldn’t fix. Nothing looks off on my latest parts. I used to cut a lot on the lower right and it was at the middle where it needed “adjustment”

It was as they say the last place I looked, Kidding aside, I wouldn’t have thought about eyeing in that closely but TomWS sure seemed adamant that mechanical was the problem and who am I to argue. He was right too, so I am glad I listened.

1 Like

I had gone back out to the shop and this got me thinking so I did a further exam on the table and it is clearly bowed across the y axis. got down and sighted along the outside edge. In all fairness I have been pushing it pretty hard. I was told I could put larger sheets on there and move them so I have, I alway support them with jack stands, I have two large pipe stands. my 1/4 sheets are 4x4 supported by table and stands. I also do index cuts, pretty much as long as I want as long as they are under 23 " wide. I made a fence and it works great. When they said over hang, maybe they didn’t mean 1/4" plate. Not dissing the table, its has opened some doors in my mind and real life.

So check your water tables and make sure they are not creeping up in the middle. The water table is thin at the unsupported sides.

Hopefully you have it figured out. I have cut quite a bit of 1/4 without issues. I leave mine in 4 x8 with 4 rollers stands under them. Just saying this because you may want to keep digging of the cause of this issue.

1 Like

I think you are smart to use the rollers. Mine do not have roller heads.

Harbor freight. Less than 20 buck each. They are very valuable

2 Likes

I will look for those. thanks

1 Like