No jog with arrow keys anymore :(

Solved

– in the middle of the screen towards the bottom there is big skinny rectangle button that says “Jog ON/OFF ctrl-Alt-J”. It has to be activated for the JOG controller to allow arrow key function. The problem is, at least for me, was the button only highlight in the background in green which is not that obvious. I had it off. duh!

I am in the same boat as well. Hopefully someone has a quick solution to this.

Not in front of the computer bow but the second menu from the left in mach 3 should have a system hotkey selection. Click that and look for x +++ and x — along with y +++ and y — . Click on the box with the numbers in it then press the the arrow key that you want to control that motion.

1 Like

ok i will check that out… fwiw i plugged in my window based tablet with keyboard and the keys worked fine on it… i finished my work with that… (i can still scroll down with arrow keys on other softwear so it is not a hardware glitch).

Figured it all out, see top post for the solution…

Thanks for posting the resolution!

Our table won’t allow is to use our keys to jog the table all of a sudden. Do we use the info posted above to allow us to jog?

Make sure you didn’t turn off that button by error

HI,
Do you need to reset these in the menu you stated here. It seems like the settings don’t change when I click on the arrow keys. The table was working and the next cutting project within a few minutes after the first cutting project the jog buttons stopped working. I’ve shut down the computer, clicked the jog on off and still nothing.

Any help is appreciated.