No arc or torch function at all

I have just recently set up my Crossfire pro in my shop. The THC says it is connected securely and also automatically connected instantly, I also have the blinking red light on my red THC board. When I use the manual torch fire I can see an additional red light activate in the electronics box, yet I have no arc or torch function in any way what so ever. I’ve spent 2 hours checking my connections and I’m hoping I’m being stupid. I’ve tried most things on the forums for solutions but I have had no luck.

Where is the torch on/off wire plugged in? It goes in the torch on/off port on the front of the electronics enclosure. I’ve seen plenty of people mistakenly plug it into the VIM box.

If that is plugged in correctly, have you tried switching the wires plugged into the front of the plasma?(assuming you have a razorweld plasma)

Do you hear the relay click inside the electronics enclosure, when you hit the manual torch fire button in Firecontrol?

Have you fired the torch by hand, if you have a hand torch?

1 Like

You need to send a picture of your torch mounting on the machine, also.

I do believe it is in correctly, and I did try switching the wires in the front of the razor weld. I have a machine torch, not hand held unfortunately.

I have been wondering about this click people keep mentioning but I cannot seem to hear it distinctly no matter what I do. I’m assuming I should be able to tell?

IMG_6699

Your torch is mounted incorrectly. Not sure if that the whole cause but can’t help.

2 Likes

thank you, never saw this anywhere but I knew I needed it. must have missed it

1 Like

Take off the cap and make sure you can push up on the electrode. It should move up and snap back down.

2 Likes

It should be an audible click. Check the board and make sure the relay is properly seated. It may have come loose in shipping.

Your welcome. It’s a common mistake. I did it as well because the way the torch mount is it makes sense to mount the way you did. I believe there is additional holes on the machine torch mount to make the clamps closer together so you can clamp on the body.

Also make sure you aren’t attaching the mount to low so it doesn’t trigger the IHS prematurely.

I mounted mine so the torch will touch the metal and there is still like an 1” 1-1/2” before the Z gantry bottoms out

1 Like

Do you have a hand torch to try off the table to see if that fires.

What air pressure are you running at the plasma cutter?

1 Like

no i dont, and its at 75psi

if the cap is off and everything else is tight it does not push up, but if I loosen the outer shell a little it does it

that seems like it may be an issue, however, I never over tightened anything and I’m not sure why that’s happening.

First get your torch mounted correctly. Air should be 90 to 120 to the plasma cutter and the plasma cutter gauge should read about 70 to 75. Now you have 5 parts/consumables on your torch a electrode, swirl ring, cutting tip, retaining cup and a CNC shield. So what parts are you taking off and trying to move the electrode?

3 Likes

I cannot hear this click no matter what I do, however a red light next to/ under the relay box actives only while manual torch fire is on, then disappears when I turn manual fire back off

If the relay is properly seated on the board and it doesn’t click, it’s bad.

It’s only job is to close the contacts inside to complete a circuit. You can simulate this by removing the cable from the electronics enclosure and jumping the inside of the connector on the end of the cable to the outside of the connector with a piece of wire or a paper clip. That should cause the torch to fire.

2 Likes