Newbie plasma help

Hey guys newbie here. Just got my crossfire pro mostly got it as a hobby and plan on cutting thin sheet metal working on cars. Picking out a plasma cutter is overwhelming I have a Eastwood that I use for hand cuts I just wanted to get some ideas of what works well without breaking the bank. If I was trying to do more of production I believe I would go with hypertherm but I definitely don’t want to invest that much in a hobby so please give me some cheap alternatives and keep in mind it’s just sheet metal no real thick metal. Thanks in advance

Welcome to The Forum.

Primeweld cut 60

Everlast 52I

These are both popular economic plasma cutters

The razor weld cut 45 is also the popular choice from langmuir.

1 Like

I have had the everlast 50…but now I am on the 62i…everlast makes a decent plasma unit for the price.

Thank you I have been looking at the everlast but I felt I needed some opinions from people who actually use the machines

a fww things about the everlasts…machine torch over hand torch always…post flow air cooling needs to be at least 30 seconds…and take RAW voltage connection readings right from the logs inside the case before they go out…the 50:1 CNC pins on the back are not always reliable…

I have the titanium 45 with plasmadyn x45 machine torch on my pro, has been a great plasma cutter. Have the Hypertherm 45 xp on my crossfire xr , it is the greatest… But I have used Hypertherm plasma cutters years before getting into cnc plasma cutting, Hypertherm is the best cutter out there hands down.

2 Likes