New to the forum from Ventura County, California

I am a retired Precision Sheet Metal fabricator with leftover equipment from my shop owner days. I’m now learning Fusion 360 and thinking about buying a CrossfirePro table.
What Plasma cutter would you guys recommend?

The best one you can afford. A good hypertherm (45xp) makes all the difference and will save time and money in the long run.

3 Likes

I agree. Buy it once is my motto. It is the least expensive route in the long term. Another saying I like is, “Long after I forget what I paid, I will still be being reminded about the quality.”
I checked out the Hypertherm 45xp and noticed the duty cycle is 50% @ 45 A, 200 240 V, 1-PH compared to the HTP 875 SC V2, which is 100% @ 45A 200 240 V. They seem to be more confident in their components, or they manage the heat better or it’s B.S.? Hypertherm does have a good reputation for quality.

I’ve cut some large pieces with 500+ inches of cuts and the HP has never slowed down

2 Likes

The money spent on a hypertherm is not just well spent for the cut quality and performance, but for the time it will save you as you really won’t have to troubleshoot it ever. It works amazing.

1 Like

Is your plasma a HTP 875 SC model?

No, thats a Micro Cut model I am not familiar with.

Looked up duty cycle info. 40% is cutting 5/8" steel on a 104 degree day. Most use our table for 1/4 to 3/8 max for a 100% duty cycle.

1 Like

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=22248. Here is a link on plasma spider that explains it.

Don’t forget to download the Langmuir Post Processor! If you haven’t already. You will need this too to generate the g-code.