New To The Crossfire stuff

I teach machining/manufacturing to high school seniors and juniors. We just got a Crossfire Pro and its up and working. We use Mastercam and do not wish to add another CAM software to our curriculum. I edited a post a few years ago to deal with a plasma torch for mastercam. Can anyone send me some simple, g-code (.tap) files where we can see what codes are being used for torch on/off and delays and anything else so that I can continue to edit a reliable post program.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, welcome to the forum!
You can download the 2 post-processors that are on the software download page and peruse them for the correct codes to create a post-processor for Mastercam. That is how I created a PP for Vcarve Pro. It is easier than reverse engineering a .tap file.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

If you’d like to put in the time & effort - and if you’re experienced with G-code - you can actually create a custom FireControl post-processor for any CAM software, including Mastercam. We have instructions available at the link below, which shows a list of the G- and M- commands that FireControl can read:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for this! The explanations are most useful.
It would be useful to have a pre-amble for Vectric software (the post processor is the same for both Vcarve and Aspire). Can you add a Vectric pre-amble? Or do we have to contact support more directly? I am still testing my latest iteration of my post-processor so I still use the SheetCam pre-amble and I guess you won’t update FireControl soon, so there is no rush.
But, thanks again for this document, I had not seen this before (wish I had).