New to all of this in TX

Hello
Just doing some homework trying to learn something new.

JB86
From Texas

Welcome to the Forum. Everytime i see or here TX I think of red dirt, wild hogs and damn fine BBQ.

2 Likes

welcome…good thing to do…also check out the owners map…see if there are people around you…you might be able to check one out in action before buying

1 Like

Franklin’s! Awesome brisket.

2 Likes

Geez, it’s like you guys never had really good BBQ. I know GOOD BBQ. Been there and back.

On the other hand, there is a lot to be said for good so-so BBQ (if they know what they’re doing). It’s sort of like sex…
Oh wait! I didn’t say that!! I’m gonna be banished for sure!

1 Like

I’m a fan of lots of different BBQ. Another benefit of moving to NC is Carolina style BBQ. Most CT stuff is Memphis or KC style. I like variety. Mustard or vinegar based is a nice alternative. But nothing beats good burnt ends of brisket.

1 Like

Welcome JB, I’m in North Fort Worth,
I’m a newbie myself but with the help from the members on this forum my machine hums like a bird.

2 Likes

I’m in McKinney and I have some questions on how to hook up the razor 45. What pin goes to which wire on the barrel connector. I’m a bit disappointed in that I purchased the entire kit for the pro, went through the instructions throughout and I still can’t wire the plasma to the controller without jury rigging something?

Anyone out there that has done this and willing to give some advise?

1 Like

FYI,

A woman was eaten alive by wild hogs just outside of Houston several months back.

1 Like

I think of Caliche, short trees, scorpions, and damn fine BBQ, almost as good as NC style. :yum:

1 Like

I think of Caliche, short trees, and damn fine BBQ, almost as good as NC style. LOL, I agree with most of your post. I have never seen a scorpion here in the 20 + years I am here.

I lived just north of Austin (Georgetown) for 6 years. We quickly learned the ‘camping’ method of shaking out our footwear before sticking our feet in and do not walk around the house barefoot. It was there that I also learned that it was recommended that you have your dog vaccinated for Rattlesnake bites. We did and it was necessary…

Other than that and no water, it was a great place to live :slightly_smiling_face:
PS: I failed to say it before, but Welcome to the forum. You will have a good time here.

1 Like

I am in DFW in lake country. they are all man made but plenty of water.

Thank you

Wild hogs was eaten by jimt a few years back. Just south of Palistine . Fun hunting and they need thinned down.

1 Like