New Primeweld Cut 60 on CrossFire

Good deal man… glad it worked out!! I knew there had to be something else to it… there’re to many of us that have the same cutter working well with the crossfire tables…

Appreciate the offer, but no need… just pass on your new found wisdom to someone else when they need help!

2 Likes

If you have access to the crossfire pro page, there’s a thread on there with pics of the usb cable that’s loops twice on one end and a ferrite choke added to the loops…

You can get a variety set of different size chokes from amazon for about $10-20.

If your setup keeps hanging as soon as the torch fires then it’s more than likely the inference in the usb cable.

Since you’ve got it working, you probably don’t want to mess with it, but, as I look at the picture, I see three things:

1. Plasma Cutter should be as near to the table as possible, otherwise the leads are very long antennas.
  2. Power distribution might be an issue, the controller and computer, at least, should be from the same power source.
  3. USB cable looks to be very long from the photo. The controller’s processor gets its power from the computer’s USB port and, with the long cable, that could be marginal. The length also increases the likelihood that the USB signals will pick up more interference than they would with a shorter cable. To be sure, the ferrites will do a good job of filtering these, but the longer cable gives it more signal to filter…
1 Like

Sounds like a plan, I was so happy last night. After fighting this thing for a week, and ready to just buy a new cutter out of frustration. The cuts were really very clean, was cutting 1095 1/8 inch at 37 amps 85 IPM. Thanks again.

2 Likes

TomWS,

Thanks for your observations, this is why I had it setup as I did.

1. I was given some advise to separate the computer, the table, and the cutter as far as possible, that why both the torch firing cable to the cutter is extended and also the USB cable with the computer on the ground also far away. I was also told to ground the table, can see it in the pic, but it has a ground wire from one leg running out to my yard. I can try to move the cutter closer to the table and see what happens, but I know keeping the cutter away from the table will work.

2. Power for both control box, and laptop power do come from the same outlet in my tests. But actually, when I got this to work, I was running on the laptop battery. I was trying everything, so removed the laptop power as another potential source of interference, because it never worked with laptop on power, I’ll plug laptop in and see what happens.

3. Yes, the USB cables from computer to control box is extended as far away as I could get it, again on advise to separate computer and control box as in #1. The USB cable that came with the crossfire is shorter, and also has two small ferrite blocks on it, but I could never get it to work. This USB is longer, and is shielded but I taped on two ferrite blocks harvested from another serial monitor cable. I also put two loops in this cable at opposite ends, just before the ferrite blocks, also suggested to me. After hooking my wife’s printer up with WiFi, after I took this cable from her machine, she’s happy, so am I. At this point, I could look for a shorter USB, with ferrite blocks, but if the shorter one that came with the table didn’t seem to work, I’m worried a different shorter one would not work also. I’m just not sure here.

Mdmuss,

here is a pic from the crossfire Pro thread mentioned… FireControl Freezing During Cutting & How to Fix it! - #2

with cable loops and ferrite snap on.

2 Likes

Now that you got everything working, you can try to move the cutter closer to your table if you need to…

I also use a 15-20 Foot USB cable (single cable, not extension) with no issues. I had issues with extensions.

1 Like

Hey do I need the box “black electronic” when using the primeweld cut 60 cnc port?

2 Likes

me too have prime 60 2nd order

I received my table two weeks ago and started putting it together only to realize they sent me two LH Lower rails, I should be receiving the RH Lower Rail today. Then I can begin again putting my table together. I have two Primeweld cut60 machines one for the table and one for free hand use or if the one on the table goes down, I also purchased a machine torch from Georges Plasma he is very good to work with and has a great amount of knowledge.

2 Likes

My PrimeWeld CUT 60 was ordered from Amazon day before yesterday and will be here in a couple of weeks. Is there a user manual on-line anywhere? I would like to check out the cutting recommendations therein.

1 Like

Sorry guys been out of the loop for a while primeweld cut 60 works very good with the original crossfire table of the pro are not sure hopefully someday I will be able to find out LOL

Works great on the Pro as well with machine torch.

If you go on primeweld website they have one you can get it there the manual

Great! Thanks!
UPDATE: Nope, :crazy_face:it’s not there

No manual, but here is the cut chart, Note: the 40psi setting is wrong as the plasma cutter will not work at 40psi.

1 Like

Perfect! …just what I was looking for!
Spent the day yesterday watching instructional videos and playing with Sheetcam, this will help me setup my tool list!
My CUT60 should arrive next week, and my Crossfire in about two weeks, so reading all I can and trying to wrap my brain around the available information (maybe i’m overthinking it, as per usual).
Thanks much.

1 Like

For 16g I use 29amps, 55psi, 120-130 ipm… no dross on top and very little on bottom.

That’s all I’ll cut for the most part…

I’ve used the same exact settings to cut some 14g f-bombs with same results.

2 Likes

I get the bit about inside/outside cuts, flame lagging the nozzle, etc., but at the risk of asking a stupid question, how is the kerf width determined for the various Nozzles, settings, etc? … I suspect it may have to be done experimentally and noted? Or do we already have data for such? What am I missing here?

Others can chime in, but in my case, I started with a nominal value of 0.050" and once I had the rest of the parameters dialed in, test cuts like square in square, measure, adjust, cut again and you’re pretty much there. Not a lot of magic. Getting the rest of it is the tricky part (torch alignment, current, air pressure, speed). Kerf width is pretty easy after that.

1 Like