New owner from North Atlanta. Wanna be friends?

Very much is part of it. Lexus NA models sold here are all made in “Toyota” plants. Same in Canada. Canada actually got the first Lexus product made in NA.

I retired from new model development at Toyota, just before Lexus would have hit my area of responsibility. A lot of shared parts and same team members assemble them. However, Lexus has tighter standards for body tolerances and fit and finish.

1 Like

Welcome to the club. Im a little northwest of you, a little NW of Marietta near Dallas GA. Ive had a CFP table for about 18 months or so now. Im still learning but have also learned a lot by lurking here. These guys rock!
As you can tell from my username, Im more of a jeep kinda guy but have recently joined the Toyota club with the wifeys 23 4Runner investment. Always loved the old FJ40s though since they’re a little jeepish :grin:

2 Likes

@Jeepfreq Would you ever be interested in linking up? I’m actually in Acworth, just between Marietta and Dallas, so probably pretty close by. I have horrible ADD and I’d be more than happy to provide you alcohol and BBQ if you felt like hanging out some time and showing me what you’ve already learned. I like making friends with common hobbies.

Since my initial post here, I have had the machine firing and I’ve cut a few very simple, prepared files to show my friends my cool new party trick. But, cupholders and bottle openers will only entertain us for so long. My next trick will be to (try to) teach myself to convert files to .nc format for cutting. Here I go now…

2 Likes

Have you decided if you plan to use SheetCAM or Fusion 360? That will set your initial course toward the goal of making gcode ((Fusion) nc or (SheetCAM) tap) files.

1 Like

I have just purchased a license for Sheetcam this morning, so that will be my post-processor. I’m learning how to import a toolset for my RW45 into sheetcam now. (Or, trying to. )

Never too late to get the free version of Fusion 360. There is Pro’s and Con’s to both.

2 Likes

I have that one as well. My idea is to play with each and see what i like better for my purposes.

1 Like

Arc light has a lot of great videos on YouTube for sheeetcam. A little out of date with some updates it will definitely give you a understanding of how to maneuver around.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with SheetCAM. In some ways, I kind of wished I would have gone that way but I am very happy with the knowledge I have gained with Fusion 360. A number of us have fought through the learning curve with Fusion 360 thanks to the help from Tin and each other, now feel we are in a “happy” place.

You just have to get your first piece and lots of mistakes and then you will be in the groove. Don’t be afraid to fail; that is how you learn. If you don’t fail sometimes, you are not pushing yourself. :rofl:

4 Likes

Howdy there’s some close folks on here I’m in Covington and I have a couple local buddies that also have tables one in Marietta and another in Cummings. Welcome to the group! I actually don’t have a crossfire anymore I have a huge 5x10 table now custom built running a different software by cut my teeth with CFP.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry-its been a while since lurking. I’ll send you a DM

Welcome to the family. Now, I’m a Ford F250 guy. But did have a Landcruiser back in the 70’s. It was wonderful. Great memories growing up in New Jersey. The Pine Barrons takes up 1/4 of the state. Pine trees and white sand. Hundreds of miles of fire roads and flowing rivers.
I live in Chattanooga now. Anything I can do to help you with just let me know.

3 Likes

How’s it lookin, you been cutting some stuff. I’m about 60 miles from you in Pickins Co, also new to it!

Pressure washing my house today. What fun… Mrs Bigdaddy has guests coming tomorrow. Family fun day. Everybody but me😫

2 Likes

Are you in or near Atlanta?

North of Chattanooga.

Aw thats not very far from me, you have a shop over there?

A Marina on the Tennessee River.

Thats interesting!

Not a sign guy. Make parts to retrofit boats and consoles for the ever-getting bigger fish finders sonar and such.

3 Likes