New Michigan user in Perry

Welcome welcome from Midland Michigan just want to say hi enjoy your plasma cutter you’ll love it

i work in Midland…small world

Talking about material prices, have ya’ll seen a price drop around you? Alro is so ridiculous in price around lansing its hard to turn a profit. Haven’t seen much of a change here, a little bit with aluminum but still expensive.

There has been about a 10-15% drop here but still very high. (Washington state near Seattle)
Funny story (not really haha funny): I buy most of my steel from my daughter’s in-laws business. They have a mulch company and sell a lot of metal edging for landscaping. They sell whatever I want for their cost but I usually have to drive about 150 miles to retrieve it from them.

Well, last year I bought a single 12 gauge 4x8 sheet of steel for $260. In February of this year, I bought two more sheets and the price came to $280. The workers are always caught off guard and always want me to be pleased as they know I am “family” but don’t do these types of transactions regularly. A few days later I got to thinking, “She only charged me for one sheet…but that would mean the price went up!!!” I sent a text to the owner and said I thought I owed him more money. He researched and found out she had charged me wrong. The real price was $230 per sheet now so I owed him an additional $180.

1 Like

I use mostly 1-1/4 sq tube so it’s the only thing I know the current price on. Before Covid I paid 19 a stick, I buy 35 at a time. It hit a high of $60 and a week or so ago was just under $40 and looks to be creeping back up.
All my quotes I get are only good for 24 hours. So things are still volatile

1 Like