New machine torch not working again

I purchased a machine torch from Plasmadyn on EBay, I hooked it up and it worked off and on. Now it’s not firing at all. Just air when I manually fire it or when programmed to cut. I have Razorweld 45 plasma cutter. When I hook the original torch up it works fine. Waiting on a message back from plasmadyn. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts to why it’s not working. Thank you in advance.

Hey scott4399, I have bought the x45 torch for my titanium 45 plasma cutter from plasmadyn last year. It worked great first day next day wouldn’t fire just air .I left plasmadyn message no answer so I got impatient and removed end cover on torch lead on end that plugs to machine and found red wire come unplugged on pin. I pushed wire back on pin and reinstalled cover and torch has worked great now for a year.
MIght be your situation as well.

That’s a good point. Those pins are actually sockets from the rear of the connector and the wiring is probably customized for the type of Plasma Cutter it’s going to. So… if the initial customization was done sloppily and the pin not solidly pushed into place, the pin could fall out from the back.

thank you for the responses, I actually took both ends of the torch apart, the wires are pugged all the way in. I had to moved the terminals when I first got the torch to set it up for my Razorweld, I talked to plasymadym and they talked me thru it. So I switched the tips from my handheld torch and it worked again. Then I switched back to the old tip it stop working again, so I put the other tip back in and now that tip will not work again lol

Is this the same torch that @GunTruck1776 had? I wonder if manufacturing tolerances aren’t up to par.

What pin numbers did you have to move them to?

1 and 9 where the new numbers