New guy from Springfield Missouri area

I’m a transplant from Kansas City Mo. after retirement from a career in industrial mechanical contracting. I’m a graduate from University of Kansas with a degree in mechanical engineering but that was a long time ago and I’ve managed to forget 90 percent of that effort. Contracting was the perfect for me because that’s where it’s at with all of the action.

I’m a hands on type of person and decided to jump into CNC plasma cutting when I discovered this affordable Crossfire table. I went with the XL and THC options and also the water table.

I have some Autocad experience in the past and took a couple of semesters of Autocad classroom work in the early 90’s and have used cad now and then through the years with home projects. I’ve downloaded Fusion 360 and can see that it’s a very powerful program. I’m excited to try it out but I can tell it’s going to be a new learning curve ahead but I know it’s doable.

I will probably be asking for help with this new CNC table as I get started. Hopefully I’ll be able to help someone in the future.

I’ve read a lot of posts in this forum and know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here and I appreciate that. Their posts have helped me set up my Everlast 62i to this table.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a great start!

My bro in-law was a ER Doc. at the hospital in Springfield for most of his career. They lived in Nixa it was a nice place to visit! We were visiting them there once and they took us to Silver Dollar city(Their young boys called it “steal your dollar city”) :wink: When we pulled into the park there was a huge sign advertising their main ride at the time called fire in the hole. I immediately recognized the cars. My neighbor made all of the cars for the ride in his barn here in Utah. I cant remember how many times he called me over to help get another body out of the mold… or lift one here or there… I tried using my knowledge to shorten my time in line by telling the people in front of me the cars were made in a barn… it didnt work. :wink: :rofl:

Thanks for the welcome. The first ride I ever took at Silver Dollar City was Fire in the hole so I know exactly what you are talking about. I haven’t been back to the park in several years and probably wouldn’t recognize it.

My wife and I were just in southern Utah last Fall at Zion National Park. Very nice state. I had been thru there 20 years earlier on my way to the northwest. I enjoyed every mile of that drive.

1 Like

@jimfrits Utah last Fall at Zion National Park. Very nice state

On family vacations, we rarely go to Utah as our destination. We stopped at Brice, Zion to see it on our way elsewhere. Last summer we did stay in Moab a few days on our way home from Colorado. Went to Arches, Canyon Lands, and Capitol Reef. All beautiful places I recommend.

All that to say, it never failed us when we stopped for meals in Utah, the food was delicious. Even at the fast food (Arby’s). Thai food resturant in Moab? Unbelievable!

1 Like