New crossfire pro no torch fire (SOLVED)

(SOLVED) I had the hand torch clamped to the chrome ring and it was grounded. Removed the ring, works perfect! User error!

I have a new pro install with a titanium 45 and THC controller. Relay does click in control box , did check plug going to torch on/off to control box it shorts when manually squeezing trigger with hand. Cutter fires when hand pulled but not with fire control. Turned off THC in fire control and still does not fire. Any ideas? Thanks! Wayne

On/off cable is connected to 1 and 2 wires in the plasma I checked continuity of the pins with the trigger pulled to verify they were the correct wires before install. It is a hand torch. red and black meter type cables are connected in plasma, red to big ground lug and black on the phillips screw on board. output from black plastic box on pv output into thc plug on black control box.on machine

2 Likes

How did you conect on/off torch cable to plasam cutter? do you have machine torch installed on table or just using hand torch?

1 Like

It is connected to 1 and 2 wires in the plasma I checked continuity of the pins with the trigger pulled to verify they were the correct wires before install. It is a hand torch.

Can you fire the torch manually?

Sorry just seen you said it did fire manually. My bad

yea it fires when i squeeze the trigger, cant fire it in fire control.

That sucks, hope you get it figured out soon.

1 Like

do you know how to use a meter to check the relay in the control box?

I do have a meter. Im sure i can figure out how to test the relay. I will try it

do at your own risk of course. unhook the fire cable from the plasma check continuity between the two wires while manually firing in firecontrol. it should make continuity if no the relay in the control box is bad.

1 Like

Don’t use drag shields or drag standoffs on cnc table cutting, will throw cut height way off. Don’t see how that standoff shield would keep torch from firing, you don’t want that on torch regardless.

3 Likes

Glad you got it figured out. Now enjoy the new toy and make some cool projects.

2 Likes

What solved the problem?

Edit: I see in the updated post above, thanks Tom.

1 Like

Explained in update to first post.

3 Likes