New Crossfire Owner - My Upgrades

Whiteboards are good. Check out Rocketbook Beacons. They’ll allow you to record and convert the whiteboard content to PDF. Very handy!

2 Likes

You’ve done such a nice job. Are you going to install gutters? Water will come over the sides. I could never keep my place looking like that.

1 Like

Your going to need to need more dust collection than just the water table if you plan on cutting much in that nice shop.

wanna share that screen file???

I can’t upload it to the forum, so PM me your email address and I’ll send it over.

The forum limits the file types you can upload. You can upload virtually any file if you add a .dxf extension to the end. On this end, anyone downloading the file will know to remove the extension and use it as is.

1 Like

PLASMA_sinmoto.set.dxf (2.5 KB)

2 Likes

Yes, I realize that I’ll get some water over the sides, time will tell if I need to improve on this setup. For the most part, the size of parts I’ve cut have been away from the sides, so minimal splashing.

For sure. Time will tell what upgrades come next. Thanks.

This post inspired me to finally make a custom screen set for my table also, thanks for sharing the information.

3 Likes

Good stuff. Now to step away and stop the infinite tweaking of the display. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not tweaking, it’s functional adjustments (because if your buttons are not in line it just won’t work the same, lol)

I agree too bad you didn’t get the pro with the better gantry system but I personally like the Tormac in the back. I personally upgraded to a stupid priced Lincoln but there’s nothing I don’t like about it.

Wow. That’s a sweet set up. Where do you live. Can you come make mine look like that. Lol

Looks great can you share too?

First off… awesome job. I saw this on instagram too and was blown away.
Second… Any links or advice you can give for a total newbie to get to the Joystick install. I’m looking at this and seeing what you’ve done, but I’m having a really hard time connecting the dots. Is the Joystick wired into the table’s stepper controller or a USB connection to the computer ( like I said total newbie). To me it would make sense if it was a USB controller, but it would also be awesome if it directly controlling the steppers without the computer needed (initial layout etc.)
Thanks for posting this gave me a ton of additional ideas. I’m not any where near your skill level with this but it presents some really vast improvement ideas for my basic level as well!

1 Like

There’s the files for the second screen set i posted. Hoodbuttons is the zip folder and the Plasma Table is the .Set file
HoodButtons.dxf (1.7 MB) Plasma Table Screen.dxf (15.3 KB)

1 Like

Also new to the forum! Great work! Nice shop!

Thanks a lot works Great! Would like to edit the Gcode file on the screen.

I can look at it later and add that.