Need some guidance with the first startup in quite some time

Hi
Just got back to setting up my 2x2 Crossfire. I did lose the PC and all the software so I am really starting from scratch with a windows 10 mini PC

1. When I flip the unit on I get a red light on the switch but the motors do not check up. I dont hear them engage at all.
  2. I installed Fire control and it says no machine. I have replaced the USB cable. I have not yet taken the cover off but I can see the red light blinking behind the USB port

Any ideas? Is there some sort of CNC controller that needs to be installed before fire control can see the unit? Should the motors check up when powered?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the basic questions, been a long time since I used this one

Regards
Brian

Made some progress, installed motion control and the dll and now I can jog the machine. Is it safe to conclude that Firecontrol will not work with my machine? Were the early generations excluded?

Fire control works with the xr and the crossfire pro not with the 2x2 table I think you’ll have to use mach software

If fire control will connect an you can jog the machine. You should be good. The early gens used mach 3. You should be able to look at your enclosure to tell.

It is safe to assume if you connected your are good to go

Try a Straight Cut, Dry Run program. About as simple as it gets.

I think what you’re saying is that you installed another cnc control program on your computer and it was able to move the machine. But firecontrol does not connect to the crossfire. Is that right? If so I would say you have a legacy machine that requires Mach 3 as others have said. I’m sure you can confirm that by providing some pictures of the control box here. There are users with the older machine here.

So with a legacy machine fire control can jog??