Need help eliminating lead in lead out cuts

Hi there. I am making metal washers, and I could use some help to eliminate the extra piecring cuts.

I have toggled off Lead In Lead out in the Profile Cut
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.37.02 PM
Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 12.36.52 PM

the Lead in Lead out deductive cuts seen in the attached pictures. Thank you.
Ring-discs v1.f3d (98.3 KB)

I’m not at my computer but you’re cutting on the wrong side of the line if that’s your lead in and lead out.

If you go back to the design environment and extrude that profile into a body and then move back to the manufacturing space. Then it is very hard for this mistake to occur when selecting your geometry in the 2D profile menu.

Or you’ll have to go back into your 2D profile where you selected your geometry and click each of the Red arrows so they switch direction.

Having a lead in, lead out, lead-in angle and leadin radius will help with your divots too

2 Likes

Definitely cutting on the wrong side of the line. The lead in should be in the waste material.

I looked through the *.F3D file\

the one outside cut was on the wrong side of the line.
The inside divot is on the correct side but on the line but without a lead out it causes the divot.

Which plasma cutter are you using? I saw MTM60 in your tool profile at 40ipm but setup in this profile as 120+/- cut speed 230 lead in /lead out speed ( I know you were not using it for this profile)

lf hacklab 4

Look slike fusion is changing some plasma options since the last up date(purple box)

I reworked the the F3D how I might approach it. I am not sure of the material thickness you are cutting but I set everything to 120ipm. I would consider some feed rate optimization if it is thicker then .125"

Some of the changes apply.

Extruded the sketch profile into a body

changed the box point origin

added a lead in radius lead in and out.

hackLAB washer.nc (1012 Bytes)

hackLAB washer v1.f3d (105.9 KB)

see if this provides better results.

3 Likes