My machine torch is not firing after I switched from CNC port to raw voltage on my Primeweld Cut60. I have a Crossfire pro

My machine torch is not firing after I switched from CNC port to raw voltage on my Primeweld Cut60. I have a Crossfire pro

Does the machine torch only work with the CNC port?

Should I use the CNC port along with the raw voltage wiring and plug the longer black cable back into Torch ON?OFF on the motion control box?

I have a resting voltage when testing the THC and I can hear the relay click.

Everything was working fine for 2 months via the CNC port and then one day my live voltage dropped to 8V.

Did you also change the wiring on you VIM box for RAW voltage?

Did you wire it correctly? Positive(red) to work clamp and negative(black) to the torch lead. This does matter despite what some of the youtube videos out there say.

Are you hooked to the raw voltage inside the machine or the raw voltage at the CNC port?

I am running raw voltage with my CUT60 and machine torch with no issues, I am connected to the lugs inside the machine.

1 Like

You already got this advice on Facebook, but I’ll repeat it here for anyone that views this thread in the future.

You still need to have the torch on/off wires connected to the CNC port to fire the torch those wires are separate and not related in any way to the voltage wires for the THC.

The Torch fires by a relay, in the electronics enclosure, closing the circuit between the two wires that connect to the Torch on/off pins in the CNC port. Those wires must be connected to the CNC port and plugged into the Torch on/off port on the electronics enclosure.

4 Likes

I totally missed this… thanks for the clarification @ds690.

1 Like