My machine gets here in march!

mine will be 36 x 36 x 3 wide and will have a sealed top…with a recirculating filter pump…longer lasting vinegar then…

what kind of filter are you going to be using?

cheap water filter…5 micron…with small pump…what ever I can find…

@toolboy how is the odor with the vinegar tank? I’d like to see what you come up with.

right now I just have a shallow pan that I soak my stuff in and then put the vinegar back into containers.

the plan is to use some old stainelss steel I have to make something…3’ high…3’ deep and 3" wide at the top…the lid will seal with a gasket and have a air-lock stopper to allow it to off gas a bit…but have a sealed circulation system with a filter…
all that will reduce any real fumes from the vinegar bath…

going to build it this summer when I finish my new garage…build my powder coat over…and build my benches…and build…and build…

You forgot any honey-do list items

actually that is why I am building my garage…got most of it done over the last few years…MY TURN!!!

1 Like

I have one of those plastic under bed storage bins from Walmart - sterilite or one of those manufacturers. I just leave the vinegar in - the cover seems to keep the smell in until I open it up. It’s great prep even when bead blasting because it’s less time in the blasting cabinet. I usually batch stuff so it sits in the vinegar overnight and the mill scale just wipes off.

Hey Everyone. Table built, yeah! Working on my air system. So far I have a 60gal 11.5@90psi compressor a trio type regulator, dissecant , water separator, a Motor Gard M60 (it has 1/2 pass through pipe) and 1/2 in tubing reduced from 1 inch coming out of the compressor. Everything I read and thought I understood says make sure you don’t restrict the air flow. I chose 1/2 piping for my setup as at our PSi and length of pipe there isn’t any advantage of anything bigger it will move the amount of CFM just fine. Ok, now I am at the outlet side of the M60 the whole thing from the compressor being 1/2. Then I am supposed to reduce that down to something that will fit a 1/4 NPT air fitting that fits the Razorcut 45. After all that work to make non restricted air available, I need to reduce to 1/4. Will that affect the air flow significantly? Was all the 1/2 stuff all the way to the MG60 needed? Should I change out the MG60 to a MG26 and reduce before the MG26? Thanks for any advise. BTW, I got my table boxes over the last month. It took me 4 nights to assemble, still don"t have my Razorcut45 yet ( I ordered in November) anyone else in the same boat?

1 Like

That air is going to restrict down to 1/4 and even smaller in the plasma tip. 1/2" is good to make sure you have plenty of volume available - keep it 1/2 or 3/8 as much as possible up to the plasma and you shouldn’t have any issues. Congrats on getting the table built! Sounds like you’ve got a good setup there…

1 Like

The how much room do I need question always makes me :rofl:

Great to hear build is going good