My CrossFire Pro Build

That is the civilized portion of my workshop.
All of the other space is full of CNC mills and whatevers.
Normally I drink beer and talk with my friends there.
But with Covid I have to drink beer by myself and that lets me build big things in that space.
I just hope I can get it through the double doors to where it will actually live.

7 Likes

How does the small pc do?I was thinking about doing the same just to declutter.

What kind of pc is that? I got a 23” lenova touchscreen monitor with a tiny pc mounted to it for my setup…

hahahaha, i was thinking the exact same thing !

My first thought was… Wonder if there is a Harley by the fireplace. Nice hang out spot though.

nicaDd -

GUZILA Fanless Mini PC,Intel x5-Z8350 HD Graphics Mini Computer,Windows 10 64-bit,DDR3L 2GB/32GB eMMC/4K/2.4G/5G WiFi/BT 4.2

by GUZILA

[ 4.0 out of 5 stars ](javascript:void(0)) 451 ratings

| 252 answered questions

Was: $109.99
Price: $102.99 & [FREE Returns](javascript:void(0))
You Save: $7.00 (6%)

Get $125 off: Pay $0.00 upon approval for the Amazon Business Prime Card. Terms apply.

Eligible for AmazonSmile donation.

• 【Intel Atom Processor】Quad-Core Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor. It’s base operating frequency 1.44 GHz/s rising to a 1.92 GHz in burst mode
  • 【Storage Expansion Option】2GB of RAM, 32GB of Storage. You can expand the storage with a Micro SD card up to 128GB, a USB stick or a USB hard disk.
  • 【Small But Powerful】4K HD for visually home entertainment, perfect for home office, Internet surfing, watching movies, or simply browsing the web.
  • 【Windows 10 OS】Pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro(64bit) OS.Support Auto-on after power failure(1.Hit ESC when power up 2.Enter Bios and set Power On)
  • 【I/O Specifications】2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x Headphone/Mic Combo Interface, 1x 1000 Mbps Ethernet Port, 1x Micro SD Card Slot etc.
1 Like

That might run Mach 3 as long as your stepping code is offloaded (as it is with CrossFire). I don’t know about FireControl, that might take more HP (and memory).

In case anyone is interested in the monitor and arm.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T3KCQ94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Asus VT168H 15.6” 1366x768 HDMI VGA 10-Point Touch Eye Care Monitor, 15.6-inch

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Oh yes, that should go nicely with the Persian Rugs we have in our Workshops… :wink:

2 Likes

Where did you find these? Sure makes a clean looking install and protects wires nicely. :thinking:

1 Like

Just be careful with the storage limits. I have some of these little fanless machines and they can’t update Windows 10 because the minimum size requirements have gone up. Even using an external USB stick doesn’t workaround the issue. Otherwise they are superb!

1 Like

I just bought one and plan on using it only to my CrossFire Pro. I will turn off the WiFi and anything like screensaver that would cause problems for FireControl.

3 Likes

Well, took the leap and started welding the pan up tonight. Im liking the way it is coming out.

image image

8 Likes

Well, finished welding this morning and leak checked for 2 hours…and have no leaks. Ta Daa!

4 Likes

Nice weld.

1 Like

Tank ya very much. Thank god for pulse settings on the welder. Makes it so much easier.

2 Likes

Looks pretty crude… better send it to me and try again … but in all seriousness those cable tracks turner out very nice. I hope this a add on in the future. As I know if I start from scratch it will take me way too long lol

2 Likes

I followed @felich lead on the operator console. Absolutely love if it. The touch screen is sweet! Only change I made was I went with the mini PC with 4 gigs of ram. Next is a shelf and water table drain and fill.

6 Likes

Hi, I bought Wintel Pro and i’m having a hard time getting FireControl to load. Can you give me the setup you used?

LOVE the wallpaper. Makes it look factory

2 Likes