Moving text in Fusion

So I create text in Fusion, move it to a rough location in a sketch, then explode it. After I explode it, why cant I move the text when it is within the frame of the sketch? I need to fine tune the location. File attached.

initial ornament v6.f3d (286.5 KB)

@Cyoung I haven t look at your file yet but when you first explode text it will have a green line. Green lines and locked lines. At tool bar under constraints there is a padlock icon. use it to unlock the green lines turn them blue.

2 Likes

So, yes, I have “unlocked it” until lines are blue, but when I try to move the text within the circular sketch, it wants to move the entire object. Is that because it is picking up on the centerpoint of the circle and wants to move everything? I have removed all constraints.

Yes, it’s because you are picking up the center point of the circle when using the select box to grab them.

Select the letters individually by double clicking on the first one, then holding down the “CTRL” key and double clicking the other letters. Once they are all selected, hit the “M” key to move the letters.

I tried it on your file and they moved without moving the circle.

3 Likes

Perfect thanks for the sanity check!