Motorgard element replacement

Is there any way to know when to replace the element in the motorgard filter?

Is it as simple as wait till it doesn’t flow the air?

There doesn’t seem to be any of this information on the motorgard site or anywhere else that I can find.

Will

I find they can last a long time. How long is dependent on use and how much oil/water exists in a compressor system. The mistake (and this is from personal experience over the last 5 years of use) is that if you open it to check the filter then it’s best to just change it. Reseating an existing filter may not always seal 100% because they get compressed the first time and won’t fit the same thereafter.

3 Likes

Mine has been in use since July last year and it’s still perfectly dry and clean! :flushed: :star_struck:

Interesting, I did not know this and I’ve checked mine a few times. I’ll have to grab a new one and leave it alone.

I don’t want everyone to think that what I said was The Gospel, but I have had completely clean and dry filters that when removed to check them and after reseating them I get degraded quality air. The original compression of a new filter roll leaves a dimple pattern around each end while squishing it lengthwise. A new filter is oversized for a reason. There is no guarantee putting a used filter back in, that you’ll get as tight a seal of the filter roll (not to be confused with the Motorguard o-ring which seals fine).

1 Like

Copy that! :grin:

How could you tell your air was degraded, off consumable life?

Motorguard recommends on changing it every 30 days with daily use.

a little hard to watch…but very interesting motor guard filter problem

The old replacemet time was 30 days. The new replacement time printed on the filters is every week.

Also you DO NOT want to use toilet paper rolls in your motorguard. Toilet paper degrades really fast in water and will start plugging up your air system. Put some toilet paper in water let it set for a few hours then try and blow air through it at 100psi.

1 Like

Especially if they’re used!

If they are used there won’t be much left but the ------------cardboard roll :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmmm. I’ve pulled filters, baked them and returned them. air is super dry. used a TP roll once as a test. worked fine but I went back to my MG filter. Maybe I am just lucky

something tell me that the actual housing for the filter is not the same quality as before and they have seen the corrosion noted in the video…so they just increase profits by having the filter changed more…instead of going to a better quality housing…

2 Likes