Monitor bracket for Deere

Did my first “real” non art project last night. Needed a new bracket to mount a GPS monitor in my Deere 8245. So I drew one up on sheetmetal in fusion while I was sitting in the cab. The slotted holes give it 4" of side to side adjustment and 6" front to back. I cut it out of 3/16 and bent it in my brake. I made a relief cut on the top bend so my die wouldn’t mess with the slotted hole, then welded it up. I had the relief at .15 and it was just a touch on the wide side. If I do another one I think I might try .10. I had to add a gusset from some 14g scrap I had laying around to stiffen it up just a bit. Next one I’ll draw up the gusset and plasma it so it blends in a little better. And for the record, that hook isn’t a bottle opener, it’s to hang a grocery sack for a garbage bag. I’m pretty happy with it for going from idea to prototype in 3 hrs considering it was my first time using sheetmetal and first time cutting with sheetcam.

3 Likes

Very nice work! …and that’s definitely a bottle opener :laughing:

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! It’s amazing when you can go from idea to concept to design to manufacturing.

That’s great work!! This is just the kind of project I LOVE…

Perfect use for this kind of ability!!

1 Like

Thanks guys! I just bought a bracket that spans the right window from Deere for $150. That’s not gonna happen again :grin: So nice to be able to make any idea a reality. I just need to upgrade brakes. Think I’ll probably go for the swag finger brake.

I like cutting things for the equipment as well. I’ve been making GPS receiver mounts for Case IH 372’s. I strictly prefer building useful things vs. decorations but it seems like you gotta keep you skills sharpened on the signs.