Miller spectrum 375 X-treme

this also works for the 625

1 Like

Ok I am setting mine up. In the pictures above the red quick connect splice things are where you added in you extra orange and purple wire for the bnc connector correct? I bought a BNC connector but it has coax cable already on it. Can I use that for this or should I ditch the coax and install regular multi strand copper wire?

I only used that because its what I had and I like the quick locking feature. But really its just a wire for the relay on when to fire so its fine to use whatever you like.

New to this forum. Does this modification enable the 1st gen 375 X-Treme rated at 27 AMPS max to operate at 30 AMPS? If so, what is the external connection for (switch)?

I think the older models which I have one , has the ice 27 torch on it.
They made another version of the torch as well and they also make a machine torch. But
This modification is not going to get any more amps out of your machine.

All the modification described above does is allow a trigger circuit to be hooked to your CNC machine.

There post on the forum on how to hook up the torch height control measurement circuit as well.

The spectrum 375 is a pretty light duty machine for doing CNC with.

Welcome to The Forum

1 Like

I switched my Plasma cutter, HTP 875v2.

The problem with the 375 is its duty cycle. I ran into this problem. Apologies for the late reply I didnt know this thread was still going lol. But anyways pound for pound the 875 is tits. I did a lot of research the only one at the price with that quality maybe everlast. BUT I dont think the quality is matched. You’re bascially paying hobart prices for miller quality with HTP.

@chowpay Mine looks a little different where you have a blue Orange and purple wire I have 2 blues and 2 purples do you know which ones I need to use that you used the purple and orange?

Hi,

Sorry I use a different plasma cutter now. You might be able to find the diagrams on miller’s site or give their tech support a call