Miller Spectrum 3080 Compatibility?

Hey everyone I have an old miller spectrum 3080 plasma cutter serial # LE411885 I don’t see it on the known compatibility list with the crossfire pro, but from what I can find it doesn’t look to be a high frequency cutter so should be ok??? so my question is, is it compatible with the crossfire pro? has anyone wired one up? any direction to help me hook them up would be awesome! looking to order the crossfire pro with THC in the next week or two and wondering if I need to order a compatible plasma cutter with it or if I can save a couple bucks and use the 3080 I got. thanks!!

Welcome to the Forum!

I’m sure @TinWhisperer , AKA Manual Man, can dig up a manual for your cutter. FYI, I used @ name so that he’d be alerted to this post…

4 Likes

@NeilS Welcome to the Forum

Well here is the manual for that product

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/owners-manuals/O2225R_MIL.pdf

here is where to search for miller manuals

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/manuals-and-parts?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtO-kBhDIARIsAL6Lorfy06DdVLZqOicbbE3eRySRGnN9ybyN_TIbnb_RRS-ladISOR-OxaQaApHJEALw_wcB

on page 25 is the electrical diagram

RED to the work clamp

BLACK is to the Electrode

Purple is the Trigger Circuit.

This is a blowback machine so it should work .

Done at your own risk :skull: :zap:

3 Likes

You are my hero haha thanks for your help!

So Neil, did your miller 3080 work on your Pro table?
I’m about to do the same with my 3080 if yours works
And your right it’s not HF start

Yes it works great! I can send some pictures of the hookups if youd like

That would be great :+1:
Tajgarage@me.com
What torch are you using and is the amp adjustment fine enough?
I was thinking of adding a digital amp gauge.
Thanks Neil

We can put an OEM Hypertherm torch - or a less expensive Hypertherm clone torch on your Miller 3080 - Miller parts will be a KILLER as they are crazy expensive. We had great luck with older Miller 2050, 3080, 625 etc - specialize in retrofitting Hypertherm torches to these machines -
s-l1401