Miller 875 crossfire xr

I have a miller 875 with the full automation kit and machine torch was hooking it up with a xr machine I have spent a couple days of research looking for information and had a hard time dose anyone have any pics (ect) on how they got it to work I watched the video on YouTube as a good reference but I have a extra plug and wire that is different from his set up

Here is a link that Langmuir set up with various Plasma Cutters, including the Miller 875:

1 Like

I know you probably cannot post pictures of what you are trying to tell us but if you are saying you have the “full Automation kit” I am assuming that you mean that you have the CPC port (or whatever it is called on Miller) and you are also looking at the pics/videos for direct voltage. You are correct, you wire it one way or the other and will have left over parts.

With the ‘CPC’ wire, you are looking for the this to be an internally 50:1 voltage divided line. If that is what you have, that wire will go to the DIV Input of the VIM:

There will be another cable included by Langmuir that will connect the DIV Output from the VIM to the THC on the enclosure.

(Note: I have the Pro table so I am not sure if you have the same enclosure box on the XR).

In this scenario, you would not use these wires:

Many people find the direct voltage to be more reliable and this would bypass your CPC port of the plasma cutter. In that case, the wires shown above would be connected internally to the direct voltage connections shown in the video and the Red wire goes to the spot marked “Clamp” on the VIM and the black goes to the spot marked “Torch”. You would then use the cable supplied from Langmuir to go from PV Output to the THC on the enclosure.

1 Like