Miller 875 auto-line

I thought I posted this but I guess I didn’t after all…

Picked up a 2nd hand 875 Spectrum auto-line. An upgrade from my 375x.

1. Anyone know how to wire this thing up?
  2. The hole on the tip is a big bigger than the 375x so im guess I cant really do fine cuts with this, any one have experience? Also to do finer things will 40amp tips work better?

General opinions on the 875 would be welcome too. It was a good deal i THINK (1500) I had to jump on but it didn’t give me enough time to do research, I was shooting for a 675.

Torch is a ICE-60T

Thanks!

I think the 875’s have 50:1 / Arc OK / Torch On / Off built in - the automation kit for these is just a bundle of wires with instructions where to hook it up. I think the manual has a wiring diagram for where to tap in. For #2, I think the kerf will be a little wider with this torch, but you’ll be able to cut 1" plate no problem. Should be a great plasma cutter - the millers are up there with the Hypertherms quality and build wise, but HT has most of the market, so that’s where most of the buzz is. It’s a good solid plasma cutter that should last years. If you ever want to get rid of it, DM me :slight_smile:

Well it died on the 2nd use. Fried the board and miller wants 3k to fix it. The shop wants 75 for me to get it back. I just ate the loss and picked up a HTP 875 sc with a machine torch in anticipation of my pro delivery. So waiting to test it out. Heard good things tho. The kerf on some of their tips should be as small as the powermax45’a thin cut stuff which was what I wanted. For the 1 time it worked the miller did cut like butter but the kerf was huge. Would be hard to use on detailed work

Well, Miller’s nuts for wanting that much for a board. A NICE new one is 3k (or less) with a 3 yr warranty. The HTP’s are nice, though - they are also solid machines and a little cheaper $. Think they have all the CNC stuff on 14 pin connector. All this stuff breaks eventually!

1 Like