Mid program will lose arc

is your laptop plugged in to power…drifting torch is often a symptom of the laptop running while plugged in…

remember …water separators pull water in the lines for air tools…they do not pull moisture out from air for plasma…
the real way to see if you have moisture issues is by looking at your consumables…if they have black swirls around the electrode…most likely water…install a cheap bead desiccant unit before the plasma and install a micron filter after the beaded dryer…
if your beads change color fast…then you have moisture…if the beads do not change color…you are dry…
the beads can be died in an oven on a cookie sheet on warm (170f) in about 1 hour for reuse.

Update: I think I may have fixed the problem. I am using the 2 things:
1). I added a rubber mat to my laptop holder. I add the lap top holder after using my table and didn’t recheck the USB to table shorting issue. Sure enough I am getting continuity from the USB cable to the table. Although my laptop has rubber pads when it is on the laptop holder the USB cable is grounding out to the table. I added a rubber mat to the laptop holder and it no longer shorts out. After a few cuts it is working as advertised.
2). I lowered my cut and pierce height in the post processing feature of fusion 360. After reading about the IHS settings and the backslash I adjusted my heights as necessary and so far it is working.

1 Like