Metal supply prices, tell how much you paid and where your located

I know some of you guys like to know what everyone is paying for steel. I just bought 3 - 4x8x1/4” HRPO $296 ea. That was a 4000 pound order total. That included, plate, tube, etc
I am in southwest Michigan

1 Like

I just bought 5 sheet of 1/4 for 225 each. Then a piece of 1/8 aluminum tread plate was 185

2 Likes

I like $225 much better. What would you charge me to ship 10 of those my way? Or guess you could deliver them also. :rofl:

2 Likes

Sad part is when delivered they most of the time use 2 4x4 timbers and at least 2 2x4’s to make a pallet.

1 Like

Do you pay for delivery?

You don’t like the pallets?

Nope they just bring it when truck is coming by. Their trucks run this route 3 days a week.

They have a lot of money in the pallets. I love’em

2 Likes

I was paying $200 a sheet for 4’x8’ 14 gauge hot rolled last year, this year it’s down to $165 a sheet so far. This is just buying 1-3 sheets at a time so not bulk. Price is coming down but it still seems high, I’m in the Chicago suburbs.

1 Like

Geez… Our metal rep came by last week. He told us sheet metal was steady but plate prices was climbing again.

I notice around here they are not paying anything for scrap right now either. We usually see them go up together.

1 Like

hot rolled 11ga $261.81 cdn or $195.52USD
Ottawa Canada

I don’t have a lot of scrap so I just give it to a guy that comes around and picks it up. I hope he gets something for his trouble

What I cut I have very little as well. I just peddle a lot of junk as well

Fed Sanford would be so jealous.:grin:

2 Likes