Meet our Support Technicians!

Hey everyone!

If you’ve reached out for technical support recently, you may have noticed some new names or heard some new voices. As our community continues to grow, we’ve been hard at work expanding our Technical Support team to ensure that we continue to provide the best possible support to all of our users. Whether you have a Gen1 CrossFire or placed a deposit for a Titan 25T, we’re committed to making sure you have access to the support you need whenever you need it.

As our team has expanded, our Support Technicians are ready to provide support over the phone. Whether you’re troubleshooting an issue, seeking guidance, or just have a quick question, we’re here to help. Our team is also active here on the Forum.

We’d like you all to meet our Support Technicians, who will be introducing themselves in this thread! Long-time Support Technicians will also be posting an introduction, so don’t be confused when you see a introduction from me!

15 Likes

Greetings!

I’m Zack, and you might recognize my name from our discussions on Facebook groups. Born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, FL, I’m deeply passionate about leveraging technology to empower hobbyists and craftspeople like you.

I oversee Langmuir System’s customer service and product support efforts, ensuring our customer satisfaction and providing world-class support is my top priority. We’ve taken your feedback to heart, prompting us to expand our support team to better meet your needs. Whether you have questions, concerns, or ideas for improvement, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Feel free to reach out to me directly via email at zack@langmuirsystems.com or my direct line at 619-350-3625 or through a direct message. Your input is invaluable as we expand our product offerings and grow our team.

Thank you for entrusting us with your needs, and here’s to a thriving partnership in this new phase of Langmuir Systems!

17 Likes

I’m a familiar face to many of you by now, but here’s some more background info about me:

My name is Reilly, I live in Lakeside, California, and I’ve been with Langmuir Systems since 2018. Danny and Mike hired me and my brother, @langmuir-aksel, back when we opened our initial Lakeside facility (they filed my paperwork first, so I get to say I was the first Langmuir Systems employee!). My initial position involved assembly and quality control of the CrossFire and CrossFire PRO’s Electronics Enclosure, which, being a computer geek, I loved doing. I transitioned into technical support back in 2021, where I specialize in troubleshooting electronics, software, and computer issues.

When I’m not helping to get CrossFires up and running, I’m planning my next Dungeons & Dragons campaign, hiking, tinkering with my computer, or hanging out with my cat.

I look forward to seeing you all in the Forum!

reilly@langmuirsystems.com
(619) 880-8977

16 Likes

Good morning everyone!

My name is Nick and I was born and raised in Houston, Texas.
I have been a proud Langmuir employee since October of 2023!
I currently provide support for the XR, XF, and XF PRO.

My background is primarily in CNC Operation and Technical Support, but I’ve done a little bit of everything. I’ve manufactured and quality checked components for clients such as 3M, Igloo, Toshiba, SpaceX and Hennessey Performance just to name a few.

I have also done technical support for a number of electronics manufacturers.
If you own both a phone and computer, the chances are pretty high that you have a product that I provided customer support for previously.

If I’m not at work, chances are I’m tinkering on an old car or an old guitar.

Can’t wait to get to know all of you a bit, see the projects you’re working on, and hopefully provide some useful insight! :grin:

15 Likes

Good morning, folks!

My name is Chris and similar to Nick, I was born and raised in Houston, Texas. I left Texas and spent some time in California before relocating to the Houston area with my family. I have been a Langmuir employee since September of 2023, providing technical support for the CrossFire, CrossFire PRO, and the CrossFire XR.

My experience features primarily 3D printing and technical support for companies like Shell and MatterHackers. When I’m not at work, you can usually find me coaching my kid’s sports teams or restoring vintage furniture.

I look forward to connecting with you all and learning a few new things!

16 Likes

Hey everybody.

I’m originally from small town Nebraska and moved to Houston about 3 years ago. Houston weather (and traffic) has definitely been an adjustment but my wife and I love the area and we’re close to family so it’s been a great move. My old job was great but was a little slow for what I wanted so when I saw that Langmuir had an engineering position to support a new CNC milling machine, I knew it would be a perfect opportunity.

Before Langmuir, I worked for four years as a CNC machinist at a few different companies in Nebraska. There I was able to pick up some knowledge on machining for injection molding, stamping, and using robotic cells. My previous job, I worked for two years in the design part of manufacturing where our company made industrial sized boiler systems.

Like @langmuir-reilly , I’m a huge Dungeons & Dragons nerd so I’m always planning for the next adventure. I also tend to swing back and forth between Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels throughout the year, have a modest vinyl record collection, and am looking forward to the next range day when I can find some affordable rounds.

I’m looking forward to working with you all and seeing all of the amazing projects you make.

jake@langmuirsystems.com
936-828-4028

15 Likes

Ohhhh! We didn’t know that about Langmuir-Reilly?!?! Tells us more inside stuff. I won’t tell. :rofl:

Edit: Sorry…couldn’t help myself. I will go back to listening.

3 Likes

Good morning forum members, I’m Aksel! Some of you may recognize me from the forum announcements over the years, or from the CrossFire Fusion 360 tutorial series. I’ve been with Langmuir Systems since June 2018, shortly after the company launched in Lakeside, CA. In early 2019, I became the first support technician for the Gen1 CrossFire, and presently I provide support for both the Gen1/Gen2 CrossFire as well as the CrossFire PRO.

Prior to Langmuir Systems, I earned a degree in respiratory therapy and interned at hospitals and emergency rooms, as I was considering a career in healthcare. To try something new before settling down, I briefly moved to Colorado where I worked seasonally as a ski lift and gondola operator, which sparked my interest in working with machinery. Coincidentally, that seasonal position ended and I moved back to California right as Danny and Mike were moving Langmuir Systems into its first facility. They needed more hands on deck, which is when they hired on Reilly and myself.

When I’m not working, I’m usually playing instruments with my daughter- she just got her first drum set!

If you need to contact me for troubleshooting assistance, you can either send me a DM here on the forum or email support@langmuirsystems.com

13 Likes

Hello everyone,

My real name is Juan, but I go by Johnny. I’m kind of a free spirited individual and a bit of a risk taker.
Honestly that’s the reason I ended up moving to Houston in the first place. Spent most of my life in a small town called Fabens, 30 minutes east of El Paso. I was never one for staying put and wanted to spread my wings. With that being said, I moved to Houston in the fall of 2022. I do love to work and was driven to find a job out here ASAP. Unfortunately (for some odd reason) finding a job that I can perform comfortably was no easy task. I know what you’re thinking, “Johnny I thought you were a risk taker, you should try something new outside your comfort zone”. Well in the end that’s what I ended up doing.

One and a half years later, I can tell you that taking the risk and working with Langmuir Systems was a blessing in disguise. I’ve grown as a person and a worker and continue to learn about plasma cutting and milling. It’s really interesting if you ask me. But there is a ton of information that I’m still learning. Sure it is overwhelming at points but learning is a marathon, not a sprint. Luckily I have a great team by my side and want to thank them for the knowledge and guidance they have given me. That way, I can help you all to the best of my abilities!

14 Likes

Greetings, Langmuir family! If you own an XR, chances are we’ve spoken at some time or another already. As most of you already know, I’m the fussy, yet effective lead engineer for the Langmuir CNC plasma department. I was finally gifted a team to assist with technical support for the rapidly expanding Langmuir plasma community. The new support team is learning quickly and is eager to share their knowledge to hopefully take the stress out operating your plasma system. With any luck, I’ll be restored to my formerly pleasant disposition in no time! In the meantime, here’s my XR Operator’s troubleshooting manual that should answer most of your XR technical support questions. Download the guide to your XR and keep it at the ready and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE spread the word about where to find it. I’m always adding new content, information, and instructional videos on how to optimize your table. It’s been a pleasure working with…most of you. LOL. Happy cutting. We’re here if you need us.
XR Operator’s Manual REV4.pdf (1.2 MB)

14 Likes

Greetings to all of you.
Who will be covering support for the Titan 25T CNC Press Brake?
It would be nice to get into some detailed conversations.
There have been questions but no real answers. Knowing who will be supporting our questions would be nice. :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Warforged,

Good question. We are currently working on cross-training all techs across all products. This will give our team more flexibility and customers more timely responses. For the Titan 25T, we plan to have all techs the ability to provide customer support. Eventually, we would plan for there to be only one product support line - and we operate based on “next man up” rather than certain techs can only answer certain questions. In the later, customer tend to be handed off too many times, which is not the level of service we intend to provide.

Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas for how we can continue to improve!

6 Likes

Great intros from all of you - great to know the company cares enough to put together a team likes this. Also nice that all products now receive phone support if needed. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Wow, never seen a post like this before. Usernames, background and phone numbers. Now that, my friends, is customer service! Thanks everyone.

8 Likes

Appreciate the updated document. One thing worth considering, put the REV number in the document itself, not just the file name. Us “end users” do silly things and this may save some frustration in the end if the product features and document continues to expand.

3 Likes

Hey Warforged,

Like Zack mentioned, we’re all working to build up our Titan 25 knowledge but so far @Langmuir-Johnny and I have been covering most questions and providing information through the support section of our website. Feel free to DM either of us with any questions you have or if you’d like some more information.

Thank you.

3 Likes

To the whole Team at langmuir…WOW…this is why I am so pleased to own a Langmuir product.
I have been a long time member here and on a couple of Facebook Langmuir support groups.

Although I know some names more than others…it is nice to see the other faces (names) behind the scenes who are available for support.

I big shout out to Reilly and Aksel…they have been our main goto for a long time.

Thanks for putting out great products…great support…and the great introductions…

11 Likes

@langmuir-jake Did you work at Cleaver Brooks? If so, depending on when you were there I might know one or two of your past coworkers.

That is a fantastic suggestion! I will make that edit immediately and reupload. Thank you.