Made my first cuts today

Very nice shop! I want a metal lathe and a mill. I’m not even a machinist! I just like being able to make my own parts and build stuff

2 Likes

Thank you. The South Bend Heavy 10 is a 1947.
Runs and cuts great.
The Bridgeport is a 1957 originally it was a Pratt and Whitney machine. The man I bought it from had in his garage for 40 years or so.

1 Like

love tools with history behind them…makes them more fun to use…thinking of al the parts and people before who made this world a great place.

1 Like

Yeah life before G code ! I would like to add a 54" table to the Bridgeport. Mine has 42" table now and is “Always” a inch to short… No pun intended…

You know that there’s some magical force involved that will make this true after you add the bigger table don’t you? :smile: It’ll just be a different inch too short.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you are right.

Tell me about it. I have the Grizzly G4000 9x20 always a little too small. But it has and continues to serve me well.

1 Like

I have sewn covers for several pieces of equipment and will make one for my touch monitor also.
Is that a Lista brand cabinet you mounted the monitor to? That is a good idea because using the space below is important in my space-limited shop. It is a good lean technique to use space efficiently, not to mention keeping the tools and supplies close to where they are most used.

1 Like

Westward from Zoro.com It is very nice and sturdy. $ 400.00. I fabricated the monitor bracket out of aluminum channel. The channel worked out perfectly. The power strip mounts right inside. I bought Beelink computer like Cletus has. Mounted on back of touch screen monitor. Hell it’s faster and has more memory than my desktop.
I do all my Fusion and Inkscape work on the desktop and networked the Beelink with the Firecontrol on it.

1 Like

Tell me about the switch box that is mounted on the tool box.

Both plasma and table circuits are controlled by contactors. One switch for table and one switch for plasma cutter. Emergency shutoff kills both of them in an emergency situation :confused:.

3 Likes

I just setup a thread, wanna kick it off?

2 Likes