Machine won't move. The program shows it moving

Hello I am new to all of this but I had the table working just fine. Then I sat for about a month when I came back it won’t move. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the mach 3 program, checked all the wires, checked the Power supply and adjusted it. This was all with the langmuir support. I have 36v coming out. Does anyone have any ideas. I’d really like to get this going again. Thank you in advance

After speaking with langmuir again they told me I should still change the PSU and if that doesn’t fix it it’s probably the motion control board but they no longer sell it. Can someone recommend a motion control board.

does the serial port show up in your device manager?

1 Like

I do not want to add controller boards to this idea before everyone can pitch in their details on what may be in the way of the Mach3 programming and Windows XX machine used.

There are many motion controller boards but Langmuir Systems probably has the right board for their hardware from what I can tell. Is it that the machine in question is too old to be supported by the updated motion controller board from Langmuir Systems?

Seth

P.S. Anyway, I have a couple details on motion control once people take their education to the next level w/ assisting you w/ the issue at hand.

this is a direct replacement for the original control board langmuir used on the gen1 crossfire. only difference is the wire connections, which is better on this board.

https://www.amazon.com/Wendry-Controller-Linkage-Breakout-Engraving/dp/B07XH1ZPJN/ref=sr_1_3?crid=VYEVKPHIP9DE&keywords=mach3+motion+control+card&qid=1701357682&sprefix=mach3+mo%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-3

Yes this is the legacy machine running mach3. Langmuir said they no longer supply the control board. I had the machine working with the same computer setup. It sat for about a month and when I can back it wouldn’t work. I was working with langmuir trouble shooting it before

have you tried a different usb cable? can you post a pic of mach3 with everything on and connected?

I’d first check the voltage output from the power supply. The controller board is probably powered off USB. If the PS is bad or the power switch is bad, Firecontrol will still see the controller and think everything is fine but no movement occurs.

he’s using mach3 not firecontrol.

mach3 over USB will act the same way. The motion board is probably powered off USB’s +5V. I’m guessing here.