Machine Torch Question

OK, I ordered my Pro Table the other day, ( April delivery), I currently have a Thermal Dynamics CutMaster 52 Machine, My question is this, if I buy a machine torch, do I still have to splice into my Plasma’s wiring? I’m not too thrilled about doing this. I’m not sure what triggers the machine torch either. I’m sure this has been asked before and I apologize if it has, I’m new to this forum. Thanks to any who can shed some light on this matter.

Yes, you still have to splice into the wiring for the trigger and THC.

OK, Thanks for the info. We have a machine torch and a CutMaster 52 here at work, On the torch lead it has a receptacle where a hand trigger plugs into to fire the torch, could one plug into this and wire to the shape cutter as you would off your plasma? I’m confused. trying to do research on this matter but not finding much help. Whole point being I want to run a machine torch instead of a hand torch.

Yes you could tap into those wires for the trigger. But you will still have to go into the plasma cutter to hook up the THC.

Does your plasma cutter have a CNC port? If so, you can reach out to the manufacturer to see if a bare CNC plug that is compatible with your CNC port is available. From there, you can use the pin-out for the bare plug to wire it using the pigtail cables that we provide (the ones typically used for internal wiring). The catch is that the CNC port needs to have divided voltage at a ratio of 50:1 to be compatible with our THC setup.

If your cutter doesn’t have a CNC port, or if the CNC port voltage division is at a ratio different from 50:1, you will need to internally wire your cutter. Internal wiring instructions for both features linked below.

Internal wiring instructions for torch firing are here:
langmuirsystems.com/crossfire/assembly#plasmawiring-section

Internal wiring instructions for THC are here:
langmuirsystems.com/thc/guide#vimB

Thank you for the reply, Its starting to soak in somewhat. The tapping for the hand torch seem easy enough but I’m still confused on the THC connections? Research I’ve done for my setup CutMaster 52 with (machine torch preferably) state I will need a Thermal Dynamics Automation Interface Kit part # 9-8311. Has anyone with the CutMaster 52 installed this? Do I need it?

Given the choice would you run two plasma cutters, meaning one dedicated to the cnc table and one for your everyday hand cutting? I use my hand torch quite often, Is it not feasible to unhook the cutter form the table back and forth often? I’m leaning on getting a cutter dedicated to the table only instead of unhooking it all the time to use the hand torch.

if you have the money…and the space…sure get 2…that way you have back up…
but only having to undo a couple of connections at the table is not a big deal

OK, After much thought, I think I’m gonna splurge for another cutter. I really don’t want to juggle back and forth from the table to hand cutting, my thought process tells me connecting and disconnecting the cables will eventually take its toll on the terminal pins possibly causing a malfunction? or maybe I’m being overly cautious? Any how I decided to buy another Plasma strictly dedicated to the table. How good of a machine is the Razorweld 45? What is the max cut thickness? Can I use other brand consumables? Is a machine torch offered instead of the hand torch? I already placed my order for my table can I add the cutter to my order? also does the Razor have ports for the cables so I don’t have to open it up and splice? Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this cutter.