Mach3 stopped working, won’t load gcodes

image image image

I have a crossfire, about a year old, and today I went to load my mach3 and it looks like nothing I’ve seen before.

It has a zero4 slot and the gcode files ive loaded and cut with before are suddenly not working nor loading on the preview window.

I also can no longer jog the machine using the arrow keys. All troubleshooting using the forum has failed to produce an outcome.

I purchased the license about 10 months ago so no reason to think it would just stop working…

Very frustrating hoping to hear if anyone has advice.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Is the dwell button flashing yellow?

I had to reset mine today, just click and all should be fine.
Just my 2 cents.
Edit, I see the zero 4 thing and the spindle speed on your screen, you got into the wrong mode somehow, somebody smarter then me will be along soon.
@jamesdhatch

Good.luck bud.

1 Like

Thanks CT. No my dwell is not flashing yellow.

I figured it was something simple like I got into some different mode or something simple as it looks completely different.

Again if there is any further info needed just ask.

We could do some troubleshooting back & forth but it’ll be faster for you to just reinstall Mach 3 and you’ll be up & running without needing to wait for tossing questions & answers across the forum.

If that doesn’t work, then it’s something worth digging deeper into but I expect it’ll be your answer.

1 Like

Right on, will do and get back if more troubleshooting is required.

A clean install fixed the issue. Unknown what happened, but thank you for the advice gents @jamesdhatch @ctgolfer

:+1:

Happy you got it working, I get so frustrated with the most simple things when I can’t figure it out.
It really looks like you had a different version pop up somehow.

Excellent. Figured that’d be faster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know I just had something similar happen. I went back and followed the directions for the install and realized that I left all the icon’s on the desktop from the MACH3 install. However, if you watch the video, they suggests deleting the extra shortcuts that point to mills, lathes, and even the plasma cutter profiles. Just leave the one that is generated with their version 1.1 file. That is the one that is setup for the machine specifically. Then use the MACH Loader and make sure the only profile left is the CrossFire-v1.1 (an XML document in the MACH3 folder that you download and move there). When you select it and the program activates, this will be displayed in the bottom right corner. If something else shows up, then you are in the wrong profile.
Good Luck.

1 Like

I just had the same kind of scenario with mine cut for parts out with no problem today cut 10 yesterday today Mach 3 is freezing and locking up I can’t even manually jog the torch every time I load mach3 it freezes or says not responding. only thing I’ve done in the last couple weeks is I changed out to a longer USB cable and put ferrite blocks on it. But like I said it was working fine yesterday with that cable. Reloaded several times now all of a sudden it saying r&r motion not found WTF?

have you tried it with the original USB cable to rule out the new longer one?

and/or try a different USB port on your computer.

Yep that’s what it was new USB cable I just bought off eBay so I would have a little bit longer reach. Have my computer on a desk away from my table my control box is mounted on the side of the desk farthest away from the table needed a cable to reach the computer with a little slack in it so I can put ferrite blocks on it Porter-Cable off eBay that was supposed to be really good then course it wasn’t original cable works fine…

As you have learned, it doesn’t pay to go cheap with the USB cable. Must be shielded with built-in ferrites and a name brand. There IS a difference in cables and the CF REQUIRES a good one.

1 Like

It is shielded with ferrites at both ends plus I added ferrites to it with loops…