Mach 3 locking up issues anyone?

I have been using the same setup for over a year and never have any problems with Mach 3 running due to interference suddenly it seems like I am getting interference and I can’t figure out why nothing in my shop has changed every time I run Mach 3 it gets about one or two cuts in and locks up I have to control alt delete close out the program and try to zero everything back out again to hit my points anyone else having this issue?

Did you ever find a solution to this? I’m having the same problem. In the middle of a design, it locks in place with the torch on and I have to shut off the plasma cutter and reboot it.

how close is the cutter to the control box? move it as far as you can. Also, are you using the original usb cable or a longer one?

1 Like

Original usb wire from control box to laptop. About 3-4 feet from plasma cutter to control box.

which cutter do you have?

1 Like

ViperCut 30i with the newer J45XC torch

Primeweld 60

moving up in the world.

are you by chance using an extension cord to power the cutter or is it connected straight to a wall receptacle? Also, are any of the cables coiled up or on top of each other, like the work clamp.

I also have the cut60 and when i had the original 2x2 table, i was trying to use an extension cord for the cutter due to the location it was in. i was having the same freezing issues as you until i relocated the cutter to use without the extension.

I also bought extension cables to extend the torch on/off cable so that i can place the cutter on the outside of the table, opposite of the control box to mitigate the interference.

i use this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Extension-Security-Surveillance-Wireless/dp/B083M59PJY/ref=pd_ybh_a_sccl_160/130-0315889-7649373?pd_rd_w=7On5i&content-id=amzn1.sym.67f8cf21-ade4-4299-b433-69e404eeecf1&pf_rd_p=67f8cf21-ade4-4299-b433-69e404eeecf1&pf_rd_r=B5MVKP6B182CBTZRDD3W&pd_rd_wg=BeVcS&pd_rd_r=5b0f2b5a-b171-45a0-b39e-68cfbb0c7935&pd_rd_i=B083M59PJY&psc=1

1 Like