LOTOS LTP7500 CNC connections to Crossfire THC

I recently purchased the Crossfire table with THC and am still a bit confused about connecting to my LOTOS LTP7500CNC Plasma. Just an FYI, the LOTOS 7500CNC has identical connections as the LOTOS 5500CNC machine.

I am still unclear connecting the 2-pin “arc connection” on the back of the LOTOS.

I have the Crossfire THC voltage input module which is the little box with torch and clamp inputs and a PV output. Do I hook the 1:1 arc voltage output from the LOTOS to the torch (black) and clamp (red) inputs on the THC voltage input module box?.. If so, does the + from the LOTOS go to the clamp (red) on the voltage input box?

And then does the PV output connect to the Crossfire controller TCH input?

You appear to have this correct. Yes. If you are connecting for direct input, the clamp is the positive and often referred to as “work lead.” The negative, will be the torch.

Perfect!!!

I do not know what the 2-pin “arc connection” is unless that is the remote firing of the torch. In that case, it is non-polar so it does not matter which wire goes to which input pin on the enclosure. It just completes the circuit like a on/off switch for the plasma “torch on/off”. You may need to splice your plug (if you have a unique connection) onto the barrel connector pigtail supplied by Langmuir. The barrel connector is a standard 2.1mm x 5.5mm.

1 Like

My assumption is that this port is available for ‘Ok To Move,’ an optional feature which some CNC machines use. The CrossFire machine does not use an ‘Ok To Move’ feature, you should be able to disregard this port.

Aside from the ‘THC’ port of the CrossFire, you will also need to wire the ‘Torch On/Off’ port of the CrossFire- have you already done this?

2 Likes

RE: Torch On/Off… yes. On the Lotos machine this connects to pins 1/2 of the 4-pin connector. It is non-polar.
RE: THC port of the Crossfire main controller. I am asking if it connects to the PV output of the Voltage Input Module pictured above. There is a 2-pin arc connection on the rear of the LOTOS machine that is listed as a 1:1 output. ChiLanJim responded that the 2-pin connector goes to the raw inputs on the module. But I still want to know if the PV output then connects to the THC input on the main controller.

Yes the PV output then connects to the THC input on the main controller

1 Like

The LOTOS connector at the top of this image is the two-pin arc connector. It is polarized.

Yes it is. Pin 1 is positive and pin 2 is negative. That’s not the picture in the 7500 manual I have, but it is wired the same never the less.

3 Likes