Looking for Suggestions on Better CNC connector PRIMEWELD CUT60

FYI This is what I recommended to Dustin at Primeweld. I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit, but @mechanic416 might have a better thought on that. For those who think a 1.8mm pin isn’t that big an improvement, it’s actually 3 times the pin surface area and solder bucket volume. Should be both easier to solder (sorry diehard solder fans) and more robust.

1 Like

cool…that is almost what Everlast provides for their CNC connection already…

It’s also basically the same connector as what PW uses. It’s the next size series up, scaled to mount in a 28mm hole, instead of 21mm. Without a label or size reference, I can’t tell them apart in an image.

So for the RAW voltage, the RED wire would go to the #7 terminal and the BLACK would go to the #5 terminal?

PW Cut60 has the pin out info:

1 Like

if you’re going to hook it up to RAW voltage, go direct to the lugs inside the cutter, not the CNC port.

4 Likes

I completely agree…it is nice to use the cnc port…but…
if you connect to the actual outgoing lugs for RAW power…you are feening the Langmuir systems raw data…
connecting to the cnc raw power pins on a plasma cutter you are going through electronics before you get to the Langmuir systems…that is just one more step that could go wrong…

I will also say that this is not the case with every plasma system…but I have foiund it with Everlast and seen it with Primeweld…never seen or heard of it with Hypertherm…

1 Like

I agree. I used two auto door bumper grommets (salvage yard scrounge) with holes drilled in center and stuck the box right on top of my Cut60. Bought an extension cable and the cutter now sits at the opposite end from my table controller on a Harbor Freight moving dolly. Sat it on the dolly for easy moving when I hand cut away from the table.

1 Like

what i meant was, if he’s going to want to go RAW voltage, then yes go direct. but he has an updated cutter so divided voltage should work just fine.

If he’s having issues with divided voltage from the cnc port then most likely he going to continue to have issues with the raw side on the cnc port since it all runs on the same board. i believe the raw side is also “stepped down” somewhat.

3 Likes

Where in the CUT60 are the lugs located to wire in for RAW voltage?

You’ll have to take of the cover to get inside. I created a how to and it’s somewhere in the forums. i’ll see if i can find it.

Try this

PrimeWeld Raw Voltage Cable Installation.pdf (2.3 MB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much, that is perfect. I do have the cover off already and those locations look very familiar. Digging in first thing in the morning … Peace, Jeff

1 Like

Thank you so much … the THC is now working

4 Likes