Live voltage is too high

Seems I bit off more than I could chew.

looking at the same pic, i don’t see anything else other than the 2 wires for torch on/off (white wires) and the THC (Red/black).

I have two white wires, one red, and one black coming off of the CPC. That is the torch firing wire supplied by langmuir. I cut them off and put pin connectors on them.

Ok, I see it now I though they were jumper wires. I will have to down load the manual and check out the wiring as there is something not wired right.

I am green when it comes to a lot of the electronics side of this, so I really appreciate you looking into it.

are yo using the white wires for torch on/off or the red/black one? although it doesn’t really matter since they both have the same end on on the other side, it does matter for polarity reasons for THC.

Red-5
Black-6
Two white wires 3 & 4

I don’t understand how I have ben able to cut out a few parts prior to all of this happening.

#3 and #4 are the trigger wires. Now I have to find out what 2 pins are the + and - for the THC.

this is a link to the hypertherm 45xp service manual so it’s the entire 150 page operating manual plus the 200 Page service manual section
https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fileId=HYP174752&zip=False
Here’s a link to every manual and service bulletin for this machine.

Page 108 in the service manual has a breakdown of that port
And the voltage divider dip switch information is the very next page

1 Like

[TinWhisperer] bet me to it #5 is - and #6 is + and should read about 18 volts

1 Like

Just took a look at my wiring in the CPC plug I put together. I had the red and black reversed, so I switched those around and got a reading of 0.0 V when I re-tested it.

So I switched the 3 and the 4 wires (white) around it still read as 0.0 V when I re-tested it.

If I were to buy a machine torch, you’re confident it would alleviate all of this?

why not just hook it up Raw voltage from the inside? you should still be able to use the CPC port for torch on/off. BTW the wires used for torch on/off have no polarity so it doesn’t matter which wire goes where on pins 3/4.

I ended up buying a CPC cable through you all as well a a machine torch and IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. I am very upset with the performance of this product. I have spent countless hours trying to get this machine to work right, but to no avail.

My machine torch and cable from Langmuir came in the other day.

I spent last night connecting everything. I checked the live voltage last night and everything came back within in the permissible voltage range. I then proceeded to organize my cables for the night and straighten everything out. I had to wait until today to cut something because I needed to stop by a local store for consumables. After I got off work, I switched over to my new consumables to try and cut a part and it threw up the same error message it had been previously before I had a machine torch and cpc cable. I tested the live voltage and it came back as 1.0V. Very frustrated that I dropped more money and it still didn’t work. I don’t know what to do at this point.

Have you started a help ticket with support? @langmuir-aksel and @langmuir-thomas were a big help when I had a similar problem.

could be that the divided voltage side on the VIM box got fried. This has happened to a few users of the primeweld cut60 using the divided voltage connectors from the cnc port… I’ve seen this firsthand. Is there a burnt electrical smell coming from the VIM box?

the only other work around is connecting RAW voltage from the inside of the cutter.

I haven’t noticed any burnt smells off any of my equipment.

I checked for continuity between my USB port
on my electronics enclosure and didn’t get a reading, so I moved my ground clamp onto the lead screw on my X axis and got a reading.

My cousin that is an electrical engineer suspects a grounding issue.

Can you tell me the voltage that is both entering the VIM and exiting the VIM when the torch is fired?

Input voltage is measuring 2.38 V and output is measuring 1.92 V