Live voltage is too high

How would I know that it is 20:1?

Do you know of any resources for this?

I looked at the pictures you posted of the CPC port plug and want to know why you have jumpers on it?

I am not quite sure what you’re referring to? The two white wires?

No the red and black wires.

It was the cable provided by Langmuir that I used to make into a cpc plug.

Did you put the red and black wires on that plug?

Yes, I did.

Well they shouldn’t be their. You should have 4 wires coming from the CPC plug to the Langmuir box. 2 are for the trigger and 2 a positive and a negative for the THC.

Seems I bit off more than I could chew.

looking at the same pic, i don’t see anything else other than the 2 wires for torch on/off (white wires) and the THC (Red/black).

I have two white wires, one red, and one black coming off of the CPC. That is the torch firing wire supplied by langmuir. I cut them off and put pin connectors on them.

Ok, I see it now I though they were jumper wires. I will have to down load the manual and check out the wiring as there is something not wired right.

I am green when it comes to a lot of the electronics side of this, so I really appreciate you looking into it.

are yo using the white wires for torch on/off or the red/black one? although it doesn’t really matter since they both have the same end on on the other side, it does matter for polarity reasons for THC.

Red-5
Black-6
Two white wires 3 & 4

I don’t understand how I have ben able to cut out a few parts prior to all of this happening.

#3 and #4 are the trigger wires. Now I have to find out what 2 pins are the + and - for the THC.

this is a link to the hypertherm 45xp service manual so it’s the entire 150 page operating manual plus the 200 Page service manual section
https://www.hypertherm.com/Download?fileId=HYP174752&zip=False
Here’s a link to every manual and service bulletin for this machine.

Page 108 in the service manual has a breakdown of that port
And the voltage divider dip switch information is the very next page

1 Like

[TinWhisperer] bet me to it #5 is - and #6 is + and should read about 18 volts

1 Like