Live somewhere you love...or somewhere you can afford

Well, what’s your answer? My wife and I feel as if we are at a crossroads with our current situation. Nothing bad of course…just planning our future a bit more.

In a perfect world----> BOTH…

But, reality for me now is “What you can afford”…

Retirement right around the corner, kids leaving the home,… May bring some changes…

If/When that time comes… I’ll be even harder to get in touch with!! LOLOL!!!

1 Like

We can afford it and like the SF Bay Area weather. Semi-retired. My wife and I live in California within a mile of our 2 children and granddaughter. We do not plan to move away from our kids and granddaughter. Having access to our children(both in their 40’s) and granddaughter is not something we wish to give up. I don’t know how other grandparents can stand not being near the grandkids. I know, sometimes the kids move away and make it impossible to see them very often. We watch our granddaughter(almost 8 years old) one day a week and would not give it up for the world. My granddaughter got me into Minecraft so we play it together 3-4 times a week on-line and almost all day when she stays here on Thursdays. And yes, Minecraft is taking time away from the plasma table which my granddaughter helped me assemble. She thinks it is too loud when the plasma table is cutting so she stays away from the garage if I cut when she is around.

You can learn to love what you can afford as there is less financial stress on relationships and life.
You have a harder time living where you love if it ultimately affects your relationship due to financial and family stress

1 Like

I lived in places I could afford for…30 plus years untill I could find that place I loved but could still afford. I have a happy 8 acres in the country. One neighbor i can see from home, And they are great neighbors at that. I was watching 5 deer in the back yard a few minutes ago. I can target practice in my yard. Pee off the patio if i want. Life is good but took alot of what I could afford to get the place i love and can afford.

2 Likes

I used to be able to do that…court order prevents that now…nosey neighbors

1 Like

I live in the sticks with neighbors about 100 yards away and another about 200. We are all friends and let live. One is always helping the other. We watch deer and sometimes Coyotes across the road. 1 lake to the north and one to the south. No public access to either one. Love it here for 40 years. Come to the door or honk horn first, especially at night. Watch for Dog! He may put you back into your vehicle. No street lights, only one road. Nice and quiet!!

2 Likes