Little help with lead ins?

I still get dross at times but it is highly maneagable. I think it’s simply inherent with 16gauge. . I totally agree with @brownfox for using the wire wheel. I use a knotted one. It’s way better than abrasives nearly all the time. @brownfox i have had many plasmas, most brands except hypertherm but I have used a hypertherm on an xr table for 16 hours straight. In regards to the knob that says what amperage I’m using. I have never found that different are consistent between brands and sometimes not even cutters. I trust the digital displays a bit more. And for this particular everlast it seems pretty accurate based on cut charts vs what its performance is. I think however the guys that see drastically different performance from their machine than what the cut chart says simply is a result of an inaccurate output control. Things may be different now but the way these papers supplies used to work was that the output was dependent in input voltage and it was an exponential voltage difference. So someone running 10 volts under voltage input might have a 30 volt or even greater loss on the output. Our line voltage at our homes and shops is not as consistent as a lot believe and I think some reported cut values are different from other because of that as well

1 Like

Could be file or a little chatter in set up from dirty rails or bearings or z axis play.

Do you have the standard torch that came with the RW? if so where did you find fine cut consumables?

Whatever machine torch came with the machine in December. I got them from that place I’ve seen a few people complain about on here before I saw them complain. Plasmadyne
Other than the one I accidentally blew out at 40 amps they seem to be decent. Then again I don’t have enough time and experience to know what “decent” really is.