Leveling frustrations, advice

so finally got around to using the table again, and having some issues need advice.

ever time i was cutting 1/8th aluminum, it was going at a angle, (replaced the tips, ensure no water issues)
i read leveling the table arm and torch, first thing i tryed was the torch, ensured in a bunch of test it was level, and still at a angle, so i tyred leveling the table, just like the video shim was perfect at the front and the back,
so i was thinking the arm, just like the video, checked it adjusted it side to side no problem,

parts still cutting at a angle, then i noticed that the front and back of the table was fine but the middle of the table will have a 1/6th to 1/8th gap, compared to the front and back, so i was thinking maybe a problem with the slats, and put a bar going from front to back on the actully water table, and i get the same problem, where the middle of my table is sitting lower then the front and back,
advice anyone?

Are you talking about beveled cuts where the top of a cut is narrower than the bottom?

Theres always going to be a little bevel but it can get worse if your cutting on the wrong side or direction or if your swirl ring is in upside down. I think its clockwise outside and counter clockwise inside a cut or circle

1 Like

Nope not normal bevel, example of of the parts I was cutting out was a circle, one side would be about a 1/8" bevel outwards, otherside about a 1/8" bevel inwards, top and bottom ov the circle would ha e the same issue bit not as bad and in a very small area it was straight

On circles…particularly small ones I make a tool.path specific for them with slower speed…it helps.if you.cut a rectangle would the cross section be trapezoidal or paralellogram? Trapezoidal is normal to an extent.

1 Like

a picture may help here,

even on a square it was doing the same thing,

So it sounds like your torch holder is not square to you table. If the bevel on a circle is one way on one side and the other way on the other side then it is most like your torch is not square to the table.

Check this on you table:

It is pretty easy to square that up, I did it last week. There is a video on it on the assemble series.

1 Like

this is from checking the above

That’s looks square from here, don’t know what else your troubles might be.

so i think i may have figured out the problem, after all the adjusting i did last night, trying to figure it out,
before i did all that i never checked the single simplest thing, i did put a new electrode and cap when i started having the issues with cuts but it was my last one, tonight i put on one of my drag tips just to see, and sure enough it cut pretty good, i dont know what kind of defect that last one i put on had, but i wish i would have just tryed this last night before going though all that. and as far as the gap issue i was having, im just gonna assume the table has been like that and it has been working fine, seeing the test cut i did tonight worked fine.

so now my question has any ever had a defective tip/cap that was new? or should i just go buy a lottery ticket?

1 Like

Where did the consumables come from? They may be the wrong ones for the torch