Letters in body

I did because he said he had it figured out. I deleted it and am posting this reply to give the thread a bump.

2 Likes

well, I got it cut. I have no explanation. I tried a rectangle in the grid with letters again just to make sure I was doing the lettering right. When I tried to extrude the totally separate rectangle, the Montana body would extrude? IDK. I was all confused. I deleted the rectangle and tried extruding the State body again and bam. worked fine. cut paths went fine also.

I had this figured out last night, but it wouldnt let me post it. I’m only allowed a certain amount of posts per day, and I reached the max.

That is great! A little success always helps to keep you in the game. A few more times and you will realize what made the difference. I think that is part of the reason that Fusion 360 aggravates people. It gives a vague warning that if you are unfamiliar with what you did wrong, you have no way to figure it out. Some of the warnings are fine to ignore and things work out fine.

I remember my feeling watching some YouTube video and during CAM of a project, the author said “it gave me an error and said it skipped some contours. That’s fine, I expected that.” To me I said “What the heck!!! You expected that? Where is it…what happened?”

You are doing great. Just don’t give up.

I purchased the Nifty Dogbone add-on. That is super slick if you are making slots for metal to slide into.
Image4

1 Like