Learning how to 3D scan

Here’s a link for those with Instagram of someone scanning engine components and then designing brackets in fusion 360.

https://instagram.com/_b_u_i_l_d_?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

@b_u_i_l_d

2 Likes

Nice Find!!! :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing these… just located the IG account and started following.

ps. I powered up my CrossFire PRO for the first time this weekend and was able to jog the X and Y axis from my touchscreen.!!! Apparently the next step is to do the “break in” procedure on the machine… but it feels really good to be moving closer to opening up the RevoScan box on my workbench!!

-TM

3 Likes

Some of these vehicle frame scans from the new Revopoint range are impressive.
@TortillaMan this looks like the right device for you.

A few screenshots from the revopoint forum.

It looks like the kickstarter launch has been postponed until February but I’ll definitely still be buying one of these.

1 Like

The delays for the actual Kickstarter are killing me, but the results look amazing!

-TM

If anyone wants to have an email alert for when the kickstarter of the new Revo point range scanner starts, here’s the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2125914059/revopoint-range-big-scans-big-detail

1 Like

So I just picked up the Creality Lizard scanner and when searching for good communities I was pleasantly surprised to see this langmiur forum thread pop up. I have one of the fairly early plasma tables (still on mach3) and I used to visit the forum fairly often.

Anyway… I have already found the scanner to be fairly useful just testing it out in the various modes. My primary usage will be R&D projects but I also plan on using it in my workflow on some motorcycle parts.

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see how useful this becomes as you get more familiar with it.

1 Like

15 minutes till the launch if you want to get in on some early bird specials.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2125914059/revopoint-range-big-scans-big-detail?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=Revopoint%20rang

Awesome I signed up for a super early bird special premium edition.

1 Like

Just signed up as well… :+1:

The delivery timeframe looks decent also… I was worried that it was going to take all summer to release. Guess I don’t even need to unbox the MINI that I bought a few months ago…

-TM

From what I read they had the range developed before the mini but we’re spending some extra time working on whatever aspects of it.
I think the delivery time frame should be really decent I’m certain they already have many boxed up and ready to go.
I didn’t see any add-ons this time usually they bombard you that ons, I’m sure it’s coming.
The mini’s going to come in really handy when you want to make some dash parts or remake badge or something micro that you want to take some data from.
But for your purposes yes the range is perfect and it’s too bad it didn’t come out a few months before.
Well congrats I look forward to some of your scans and how you ultimately use them. I think we’re going to be doing a lot of the same kind of stuff.
I’m a big fan of old Toyotas and I have quite a few I want to work on and do some scans.

3 Likes

You could probably earn some money offering some competition to Autorust on their Safe-T-Caps. They make frame replacement sections/patches for a lot of models of Toyota trucks. Be a cool way to combine your passions.

Since frames are no longer available other than used for Toyota trucks before around MY 2004, they sell really well.

I replaced with home-made parts the whole back half of the frame on one of my 1995 Tacomas. I had my PW60 cutter, but no CNC at that time. These trucks run forever and unfortunately, highway dept brine sees them as a “consumable”.

Toyota Archives - autorust.com

4 Likes

Funny you mention frame projects…

I’m in the middle of a front-half frame project on my ‘72 K5 Blazer at the moment. Plan on using the CrossfirePRO to cut out all of my components for that….

-TM

2 Likes

Revopoint has tutorial video out for the Range Scanner.

1 Like

Looks very cool, too bad I am too old to pursue more technology :rofl:

3 Likes

If anyone’s interested in the new Revo point 3D scanner there’s a live stream today showing off this new product.

Here is the blurp from the email about the live stream.

"Dear backers,

We heard you. Some of you are not fans of Facebook. So we will share our livestream on YouTube and Facebook.

Our livestream will be at 7:15 PM EST on Feb. 11th. Check the links below:

Facebook: Redirecting...

YouTube: MEET REVOPOINT RANGE - YouTube

Please note that this is a trial livestream for us. The stream might have a bit of lag as we need to optimize our network. So please be understanding.

Best regards,

The Revopoint Team"

I love it how the revopoint team understands that some people do not use Facebook.

Here are some scans from the beta testers I am very stoked for this product.

2 Likes

Live stream about the upcoming range scanner right now on YouTube

Just paid my duty, brokerage, taxes (115) on my new revopoint range scanner.

In this video from product design online came up in my feed minutes after after pay for it.

Nice video of a work flow to use Fusion 360 with scan data.

Secrets to building on 3D scans in Fusion 360:

Should have the new scanner by early next week ,pretty excited.

3 Likes

It has arrived on schedule here in Canada.

I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me today before I can play…

3 Likes