Langmuir systems torch height module

I have a cross fire pro with a razor weld 45di with a machine torch. I had to solder my cables to run my thc and torch on and off razor weld was real helpful and gave me a sheet of how the cables went i have not purchased my machine torch bracket haven’t been able to my first cut I’m getting 0.0v from my thc heath check

@KEV2 Welcome to the forum

Check your polarity. Red to work “ground” clamp, Black to torch.

Also how are the wires plugged into the VIM “voltage control module” ? Dv input to DV output or PV input to PV output ? Vim Input is from the Razorweld and the VIM output is to the Langmuir electronics enclosure.

3 Likes

thank you for reaching back I’m new to this so i appreciate any information sended out my razzor weld cut 45 to get diagnosed everything came out great from \input to the output i open up my thc module nothing looks burnt would really like to get my crossfire pro running every time ive done the thc live test ive gotten 0.0 v ive trouble shoot just hit a brick wall would like help from a tech im located in dallas tx

Do you receive a THC error message in FireControl when this issue occurs? If so, could you either tell me exactly what the error message says, or send a screenshot of the error message?

We will want to determine whether the THC system is actually causing this issue, or whether this THC error is actually a symptom of a different issue. If you manually disable THC in FireControl by clicking the THC On/Off Toggle in the THC Control Panel, does everything cut as expected? Or do you still experience a cutting issue, such as a misfire, while THC is disabled?

If everything cuts as expected while THC is disabled, we will then need to rule out low resistance between the motion control board and the frame of the machine. You can find this test at the link below, in the THC user guide’s grounding section. This is really only one step: measuring the Ohms of resistance between the USB shell and the frame of the machine. The goal is to have more than 10k Ohms (10,000 Ohms) of resistance here for it to pass. If you measure less than 10k Ohms of resistance, then the issue is very likely caused by a grounding issue.

http://www.langmuirsystems.com/thc/guide#grounding-section

If you measure more than 10k Ohms of resistance between the USB shell and the frame of the machine, then please report the exact voltage measurements from each step of the THC Voltage Check that is at the bottom of the flowchart linked below in order to proceed. The THC voltage check will tell us whether the issue is being caused by the plasma cutter itself, the VIM box, or something inside of the CNC electronics enclosure. This will be found on pages 2-8 of the THC troubleshooting PDF linked below if your plasma cutter is wired using divided voltage, or this will be found on pages 8-12 of the THC troubleshooting PDF linked below if your plasma cutter is wired using RAW voltage.

1 Like