Langmuir Systems Control Board Retrofit

After using the crossfire table for the last couple months and also adding a z axis, I got a pretty good look at the electronics they used. I’ve been talking to a guy for about a year, about a 4ft x 4ft table that is from another company that isn’t making them anymore and from the reviews wasn’t a really good setup (control setup). My idea along was to get the table and retrofit it with some kind of usb breakout board (its using a parallel port right now) . So tomorrow 11/19 im going down to pick up the table and finally start on this project.

I had already ordered the board from Langmuir and some of the connectors and plugs to get started on project. In the lower left corner is a 2 channel relay for now one channel will be used to control the torch.

1 Like

The Langmuir board is a nice little board having 4 axis x y z a makes it a good option for my retrofit. I will be using all the axis x,y,z then a axis will be a slave for the x axis. There’s also enough inputs and outputs to control and add endstops that i want to do.

2 Likes

You know you have to add a 24v input to the langmuir board for the inputs to work right?

Yes I did, thanks

When I built my z axis I only used 12v for the inputs.

2 Likes

3d printed a box thing to mount the plugs for the motors and the last one is for the torch and limit switches

1 Like

Waiting for the sainsmart tb6600-t4 board to come but started to lay out the electronics in the little enclosure I had (may not fit).

Yeah, your gonna need a bigger box!

This is what I bought.

1 Like

Yeah we will see tomorrow, by the measurements it “should” in the box I had laying around but we will see with all the wires

Got the stepper motor drive board in today and got all the wiring mocked up.

Everything is going to fit in the little box, just need to add alittle height to the 3d printed box I made.

image image

1 Like

Update I got everything up and running then listed it for sale and sold it.

2 Likes