Keeping the Crossfire and me safe

Today, I am preemptively reducing my chances to electrical and electronics catastrophe. Had some unused Lexan in the shop, cut, bent to protect the controller and outlet strip. This is to keep splashing water/cutting fluid off of both.

4 Likes

I added a splash shield to the side of my water tray to catch the “between the rail and tray” splashes, but tstill get a little water coming over the rail. I need to add something similar. Right now I just throw a shop towel over the vent slits when I’m cutting close to that side of the table.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments. I would be concerned with the process of "just throw a shop towel over the vent slits when I’m cutting close to that side of the table.? The shop towel might block the air flow of the controller causing it to maybe overheat. I also place a collapsible funnel on to the plasma tip to eliminate splashing.

1 Like

I mean, the towel is there for a few minutes at most. And heat can still escape. I’m not worried at all.

This is how I dealt with the Splash problem…

3 Likes

That looks awesome!

OG system repackaged into a splashproof enclosure. The same thing could be done with Gen2 electronics.

The box in the front is my THC control unit.

Funnel pulled down like that will catch tip ups super easy. Will also burn though on thicker material. I use one flattened to keep splashes off the Z however.

If you’re worried about the enclosure getting wet, pull it off the table and put it on the wall. That way it also eliminates a point of grounding interference.

2 Likes