Just cutting outside?

I’m just trying out the CAM side, new to that. Set up the cutter and parameters with the tutorial, (one day when I get good I’ll do one for MACs). The simulated cutter only does the one cut but will not do the four .250 holes. I had them selected all five cuts had the red arrows. Hopefully there is a screenshot attached to show the error I’m now getting.

Thanks!

If you’ve selected to use lead-ins and lead-outs on your toolpaths you can imagine things start getting a little tight inside your .250" hole…

One thing to look at is reducing the length of your lead-ins and outs… (Not sure what you’ve got them set up as).

Alot of times you’re reducing that down to approx twice your kerf width in order to make it work…

3 Likes

Change your lead in distance for the smaller holes and then it will generate a path.

KX9M has it.

2 Likes

Ohhh ok. Thanks a bunch! Will look at that later when I get back in.

Now it’s my understanding once I created that toolpath I guess you would call it. I can’t go in and edit it, I have to set it up again. Correct?

If you are still at that screen in fusion just have to right click that profile in the drop down menu and click edit.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

BOOM! Thanks all!

2 Likes

Love it man!! WTG !!

1 Like

When making a cut path for something like this you can have more then one profile. So if you want to set it up so the holes cut out first with the smaller lead in then the next profile cut out the outside with different parameters with a larger lead in or whatever.
Just make sure you have setup highlighted on the drop down on the left so your gcode incledes both profiles.

3 Likes

OK, I believe I did that successful. I guess I need to wait to see if it’ll work in FireControl. Thanks for the tip!