July crossfire XR orders

Ordered crossfire XR, how is the July shipments looking?

1 Like

I am curious as well to see how things are going. Still need to get the shop cleaned out so I can have room to assemble it.

Yes sir, still on track for July shipments.

Any notable improvements from the first batches?

Its funny how many folks end up cleaning out their shops and garages in order to make room for one of these systems. My machine caused me to clear out my garage, paint the floor, put up a ceiling, add power circuits, and otherwise re-organize and throw away old useless stuff. Still not done, but getting closer. I cant believe the collection of stuff I have amassed over the years.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Ready for the new XR.

1 Like

Nice. That is an extensive shop Rat!

Thank you, lot of rearranging last couple weeks to make room for new XR. Never enough room when comes to a shop .

1 Like

Seeing your pictures reminds me I STILL need to get my shop in order. Don’t have a date yet but should be hearing something soon, I’d expect. I had bumped the thread to see if there have been any changes/improvements in the XR since the initial batch. Anyone heard anything?

1 Like

They’ve made several improvements to the software.

I think I remember reading something about modifying an area to make access to bolts to a limit switches?
I’m not sure about that

Just a Pro owner hoping to be a XR owner one day.

1 Like

Rat, Im jealous of that lift. I’d like a lift, but even a max jax would be a tight fit in my garage.

I received my XR about a month ago. How many different batches or revs are there?

Not sure about REVS but according to the XR product page, it does appear what is being shipped is still considered Batch 2.

That lift will spoil a guy, for years I layed under cars and pickups working on them. I don’t know what to do with myself with a lift now, saves a lot of heartache and time let me tell you…

1 Like

I ordered on May 10th and haven’t received a notice for balance of payment as July 20th. Hopefully it is getting close though.

I ordered May 7th. I reached out 2 days ago and was told within the next 2 weeks I would be getting the email to finish the order and ship. I almost bought a used Pro and cancelled the XR.

1 Like

Thank you for chiming in. Hopefully yours ships soon. I have been trying very hard not to inquire to Langmuir because I know where they are coming from. I figured somebody here would be close to my date and let me know.
I work for a manufacturing company and lead times from our vendors have been steadily getting worse for the past 12-14 months. To the point what use to be a 4-5 week delivery is 14-16 weeks to us and we are quoting 24 weeks to our customers what was a 6-8 week lead time at that first of this year.

1 Like

@rat196426

You have a nice collection of saws!

I have some fond memories out in the woods with an 066, 044, 039 and 029.

My first job after high school was building custom hand crafted log homes! My first build was a 8K sf lodge up a canyon in the middle of nowhere Idaho. We were on that job for a year between the lodge, the garage and the log pavilion.

Love your shop!

1 Like

Thank you. early 70s My dad gives me a 041 Stihl to limb and buck logs at landing. I was 12 years old working summers logging in Northern Idaho, Montana.
I build a lot of hot saws for guys now.

1 Like

Received email on July 28th, balance is due. Paid in full July 29th Crossfire XR. I ordered on June 5th so short wait on batch two orders.