It's been awhile. Post those projects!

Found this stuff by Rustoleum and I really love it.
In 24hrs it dries to a tough vinyl-like finish (smells like rubber). Here are two 16g plasma-cut specimens for my Land Rover, a Cup-holder and a Radio/Switch-panel (steel and alu respectively) coated with it.

8 Likes

Some good progress:

10 Likes

Question: if you replace EVERY blooming part on the vehicle, is it the same vehicle???

Something to contemplate as we drool over the ‘thing’… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Answer: That’s why we were very careful, NOT to replace every “blooming” part :rofl: :beers:

1 Like

I would think that 1 or 2 screws from original frame does not count as minor rebuild…

4 Likes

Looking good Cletus, nice looking cup holder and switch panel as well.

Wow. Looking really nice. You’re really moving fast on that. Most folks undertaking a full resto of a car plan on it taking years.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
I’ve contracted a couple guys with a small garage to do the major work. They are experts at Land Rovers and have a real passion (OCD) for it. Their price is EXTREMELY reasonable at US$5K including supplying all parts. The power-steering mod cost like US$500.00 additional. They’ve got maybe another two weeks work to do on it and they’re on budget. They’re out in the countryside, about 2 hours drive each way on bad roads, so i only go out there every other Sunday. I have some doctor friends interested in such also, so we’re looking for a couple more specimens to restore for them. Could turn into a nice little side hustle.
We also have the whole process from day one, photo and video documented for a YouTube presentation when it gets back on the road.
. :rofl: :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Amazing piece!

This is a large koi fish piece we cut it’s been up in the gallery for a while so I decided to take some pictures of it I’ve been the sun today.

6 Likes

Nice fish, but you spent WAY too much time in the Sun!

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :beers:

7 Likes

Always knew there was something “fishy” about @TinWhisperer

His Koi attempt at humor confirms it…

4 Likes

Main problem with Koi is they multiply so fast … even when hanging on a wall.

7 Likes

Nice. I like the clock design - the number design (font & size) is well matched to the size of the clock.

1 Like

Beautiful welds!

2 Likes

I just did the normal internet search of large wall clocks.
And some cuts others had already done…
And got the idea for it from all those…
Wanted enough bridges / union to be throughout so it can be cut from thinner sheet and still be stable .
At .135” on this piece its pretty stout.
I have an aviation version I’m working on as well. Im thinking an LED backer maybe on this one.
Or just a offset back with welded spacers🤷‍♂️

5 Likes

Nice!!! …one day I will get around to doing a clock myself! :beers:

2 Likes

Here’s my plasma-cut 16g cup-holder and the new upholstery.

5 Likes